1st attempt at photography :)

krys_617

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone! My name is Krys and I have always wanted to give this a try. So, this week I set up an improvised studio and took my kiddos upstairs for some pictures. Please let me know what you think! Any help would be great. All C&C are welcome!

Thanks in advance

Image #1
Bellaglassescolor-1.jpg

_MG_8291.jpg

_MG_8338.jpg

_MG_8343-1.jpg

_MG_8409.jpg

bellafeetinair_2-1.jpg

gabbyincrib-1.jpg

gabbypeekaboo-1.jpg

gabbycloseupblackwithcolor-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job! They look great! Welcome to the forum as well! :D

they are a bit too small to do a proper C&C (but you didnt ask for it anyway ;)), but it looks like you are off to a nice start!
i happen to be one of the many opposed to selective color for the most part, but that's purely my taste.
im diggin the attitude in the 3rd one. cute!

welcome to the forum! :D
this place is chock full of knowledge and good people. i hope you enjoy being a part of the community.:thumbup:

Good work, keep shooting. Share some bigger images when you're ready to.

Welcome, and I agree about posting bigger pictures next time. They look very good for a first try though. The posing seems pretty natural which is good.

The only advice I would give is to be careful with the "selective coloring" it detracts from your subject. A lot of clients may love it as a novelty, but from a photography stand point it is best used judiciously to draw attention to the colored object. So try to avoid just using it as a cool trick to show off.

Thanks for the comments so far! I made the pics bigger so you could see more detail. I agree with you on the selective coloring from an artistic point! But, do you find that clients really like it? It is REALLY popular in my area! Especially with kids and senior pics.

Could be my monitor but the focus seems a bit soft. Try shooting at a f/8-f/11.

What lighting setup are you using?

Good poses and expressions though!

p!nK

Hi, and welcome to the forums...

First of all, this is a pretty decent start...

I think the main issue with these photos is that they are all relatively soft (not sharp) work on that and the photos will improve dramatically.

Most reactions

Back