1st day in the DSLR world... Please C&C

7/24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm a Noobie to DSLR. Here are a few shots taken with my new D3000.
Any C&C would be appreciated.

4348764251_99e66408c4_b.jpg

4349511814_ba783930ee_b.jpg

4349511518_9c778cb78b_b.jpg

Thanks.

Last edited:
If the shots are in focus and decently composed, post up the images as no one really likes to click on links.

If they are not in focus and no thought was given to photo composition, keep on shooting.

Not too bad, really. I like the first shot, with the overexposed sun and the lens flare--that actually works quite well. The second shot would benefit from showing the statute's base, where it touches the ground--I think the ground and its grounding effect would have helped strengthen the shot. The third shot is okay, but I think it might have worked better as a vertical. Overall, you did a good job of making these statues "come to life" using your camera.

To imbed an image from Flickr. Go to the picture you want to use from Flickr and click on "All Sizes" (above your picture). Select the size you want to display and then look below the picture for the #2 box that says "Grab the photo's URL:". Highlight to select it and then right click the selection and hit Cut (or Copy). Now go back to the TPF (The Photo Forum) post you want to imbed the image in. Click on the orange and grey icon above the message box (the one that looks like a tree with a camera in the front of it). In the box that pops up, paste the URL in box (make sure you only have 1 "http://" in the URL line before you hit the Ok button). Hit the Ok button. Click on the "Preview Post" button to see if your picture is imbedded in the post.

bigtwinky... I can understand the hesitancy to click on links. As soon as I'm able, I'll become a supporting member of TPF and post them here to make it easier.

Derrel... I appreciate your comments. It's funny that you suggested that #2 show the base to become more grounded. I actually cropped this shot. The original has the base. Glad to get your 2 cents.

Samanax... will do!

You have some better than average compositions here, Nice sharp images that have some 'pop' to them, Nice use of shallow DOF etc.

Well done.

I bet you could take the same pictures with an average P&S camera. And they would look just as good.
What makes the pictures look good is how you see it and how you understand your camera settings. DSLRs would produce better quality pictures (especially for cetain conditions) but they would not make you take better pictures...
I made this comment based on the title you picked for your thread...:)

iskoos... I'm not sure if you've complemented me on composition or, suggested that I hang up the DSLR (after the first day) and go back to P&S? Either way, thanks for taking the time to comment.

bigtwinky... I can understand the hesitancy to click on links. As soon as I'm able, I'll become a supporting member of TPF and post them here to make it easier.

Thanks for fixing it up! No need to become a supporting member, I am not nor will i become one. :)

Thanks for fixing it up! No need to become a supporting member, I am not nor will i become one. :)

I knew you'd be back. *insert evil laugh*

Most reactions

New Topics

Back