What's new

1st Low Key Attempt

Rob4bama

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 22, 2012
Messages
79
Reaction score
4
I'm a beginner so I wanted to try this. Maybe use it as portraits for the high school football team where I teach. Shower curtain and shop light in front of an open door in my garage. Topaz adjust filter (Gritty I) in photoshop. Would love any advice to make it better. Thanks!


IMG_7392 by rob4bama, on Flickr
 
I think not bad. Three days of avoiding the razor pays off handsomely making the face "tough". Maybe the left eyebrow caught too much light creating bright spot on the shadow side of the face, and just maybe the shadow side should be or darker or a bit brighter. Right now I can see just an "unnerving" ghost.
 
"I swear officer, THAT is the dude that stole my wallet!"

"Are you sure?"

"Well, pretty sure. Well, I think that's they guy...the thief WAS a MAN...I mean...well, what I mean is..."

"You're free to go!"

Okay...the split lighting seems pretty dramatic. I might try cropping off a little bit more space on the right hand side of the frame.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom