1st opportunity for C&C

AimeeGeis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took family pics for this family and here are a couple of my favorites. Wanted some feedback. I only have a laptop so my color/brightness may be off. I have a hunch that my monitor may be too bright as well. babysteps...babysteps.... :)

C2web.jpg

RJcloseupweb.jpg

Some things I am trying to work on is my cropping and my b&w's. but all c&c is welcome!!!

Thanks in advance!

I like them, the 1st one is nice, the light is great. I think the focus is not on the eyes on the 2nd one. Maybe the BW could use more black in it.

1st one is great however the shirt is so bright is burns my eyes.

2nd one definitely needs some black.

Overall = awsome photos

Thanks for the feedback. what's the best way to add some black to the b&w? should I do it in levels?

Also, one thing I am kicking myself for with this shoot is that I forgot to change my camera to RAW!!! so, what's the best way to tone down the exposure when it's just a jpeg? I think I know how with a raw file.

thanks again so much!!! I appreciate it.

I like both. You captured the essence of the people.
First does have some washout, needs toning down. Great expression on the kid.
Second, unlike other comments, looks focused on the eyes to me and the blacks are black. Good shot.
Yes, a problem with computers is that what you get is not always what you see.

1 the angle i like, it is pleasing for the eye . 2 here too the angle is pleasing. in portraits tops of heads should never be cut of. to add dark; levels, as you said, will do it and curves also. or before you import a raw file play with the exposure.

#1. Normally I'm not of fan of high angles, but you didn't make it steep - :thumbup:
Love the reflection in the eyes.
#2 same as above + don't cut body parts. Image seems to be overexposed a bit :)

Really dig how you can almost see the photographer's reflection in the boy's eyes!!

#1. Normally I'm not of fan of high angles, but you didn't make it steep - :thumbup:
Love the reflection in the eyes.
#2 same as above + don't cut body parts. Image seems to be overexposed a bit :)

exactly what i wanted to say, no matter how close you want to get in a portrait, either go ALL the way, or not at all, half the face in the portrait is frustrating to viewers, i hope that was a crop

cross fingers

Most reactions

Back