What's new

1st roll of film - grey, hazy, lackluster - help please!!!

Travdav82

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 18, 2013
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Tokyo, NYC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've inherited an old Yashica Fx-2 from my grandfather. I just took my first two rolls of film from atop Mori Tower in Tokyo and was so excited to see the pictures! BUT, they are generally really disappointing! The color is really muted and it looks really foggy though it really wasn't that day. What did I do wrong? Is my meter wrong? Are they over exposed? It was really cold.... could there have been condensation forming on the lens? I would love some help/advice on how to get better pictures!! I have attached a few of the photos for examples! Hope someone can help! Thanks for listening!!!!!

$FL000001.webp$FL000002.webp$FL000003.webp$FL000004.webp$FL000012.webp$FL000003.webp
 
Hey, this is Tokyo, remember the sights :)

- Exposure seems mucked up on some of the images .. could be in the negatives, or if these are prints a lab did for you, a problem with the prints.
- Not sure what glass you used .. but maybe try a skylight/UV filter?
- Sometimes there simply is some haze/smog in large cities.
 
Haze inside the lens would be my bet.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom