Problem with the camera or lab?

failure and the leader behind caught up and rammed into the film in front?
Our Noritsu C-41 uses leader cards and we have had the card jam (stop) in the machine and the film would be pushed together as the next card came upon the jammed card. Only rollers that touch the film is the soft squeegee crossover that then goes onto the dryer rack.
Other than that if the lab is using a Jobo or similar processor that uses reels then it was loaded wrong on the reel.

With today's film and processing costs, I'd shop for a new lab.

Hmm, open the back of the camera and examine the mechanics.
Crank the winding lever ... observe if the pickup spool (right side) is consistantly turning.
Now put some pressure on the spool and see if it slips. If it is not always pulling the film then what will happen is the film advance sprocket will will push the film into the right chamber and the film will bind up.
Also will happen if the film is not properly secured to the pickup spool or slips out during use.

View attachment 268956

Let me record a video and show you, I don't know 100 percent about this stuff haha. I do know the spool rotates freely but the sprocket part doesn't at all. But let me make a video.

Made a little video showcasing the functionality of the camera.

The camera movements seem correct ... I am guessing that the pickup spool resists your efforts on stopping it with your thumb ... meaning that it will take up film under load (it is designed to slip as not to tear the film) ... so this may be a processing issue as others have pointed to.

The camera movements seem correct ... I am guessing that the pickup spool resists your efforts on stopping it with your thumb ... meaning that it will take up film under load (it is designed to slip as not to tear the film) ... so this may be a processing issue as others have pointed to.

okay. that gives me some comfort...I won't be so worried to load another roll of film in it then haha and I'll be trying out a new lab for sure!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back