1st Wedding C&C Please

Ady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was #2 photog today, just a handfull below. Would welcome some C&C.

967683201_XN5Yy-X2.jpg

967683389_Tsmsm-X2.jpg

967683691_HYnxt-X2.jpg

967683812_mDVm5-X2.jpg

967683902_RhdKq-X2.jpg

967684382_wNyuj-X2.jpg

967684431_KSdWd-X2.jpg

967684500_tdSgA-X2.jpg

Number 2 is really nice. Great job keeping the couple in focus with all the flowers tossed around them. You're right, these read as number 2 photographer as most of the shots have the subjects clearly focused in another direction. Mostly nice exposures except for the odd shadow on the bride in number 7.

Yes, the script was the 'main man' did the head on formal shots and I did the alternative side/diaganal angle + candid shots through the day. Just going through them and tweaking them in PS so these are just a sample. I was pleased with the confetti shot too. Thanks for feedback.

You're right, these read as number 2 photographer as most of the shots have the subjects clearly focused in another direction.
That was my first thought as well. So you need to ask yourself what value these photos will have, to either the client or to yourself. IMO, it's not much.

If the subjects are looking at the other photographer and they are getting the shot...then why bother shooting them from another angle? The other photos will most likely be better or more favored by the client.

Now if the subjects are looking at each other (or doing something other than posing for the other photographer) then go ahead and shoot them. In this case, you may be able to get a different or better angle than the main photographer. During the ceremony for example.

Overall, your exposures are good, although his suit looks almost light grey in some shots, when I'd guess that it was actually closer to black. Also, you missed the focus in the last one. The tree is sharper than the couple.

Point taken re focus on tree!

Value for customer on alt angle has proved to sell. The photog that I shot with has been at it for 20+ years and since his move into digital 5 years ago he has found having an alternative angle to the formal shots goes down well with the client who usually pick a mix of both front and angled. I am working for the photog and that was the angle I was asked to shoot.

Fair enough...if that what he wants you to shoot, then go for it.

The more I look at #8 now the more I can't believe I did not see this earlier. I took 5 shots in this sequence so will check focus on the others.
Your C&C is appreciated.

2nd to last has been processed with a fog/ethereal effect, original exposure was OK.
Last one blurry due to missed focus - still can't understand why as all 5 in that sequence are out and I have re-imported in Nikon software which show focal point to be on the couple.............???
Will post a couple more from series for the forum's feedback.

3 More from today's job:

a
969304480_pY43H-XL.jpg

b
969305689_SJdEi-XL.jpg

c
969306104_jnTuZ-XL.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back