2 birds 1 fish

FireStorm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.misspelledproduckshuns.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Noticed a few birds fighting over a fish so I ran outside to snap a few shots. I'm not very good editing in post, so anyone who wants to help me out in that aspect, I welcome it for the following! C&C appreciated as well. Thanks!

1. $deal 1.jpg

2.$deal 3.jpg

3.$deal 4.jpg

4.$deal 5.jpg

5.$deal 6.jpg

Last edited:
You caught some really good action. Unfortunately it seems you may have been a bit too far away. Hard to tell without exif info, but possibly your shutter speed was too slow. I like #5 with all the commotion going on and 2 herons in the frame. The first one seems ok because it was in the sun. If your subject moves into the shade, you might need to up your iso to get your shutter faster.

yea, I couldn't get any closer because that was as far as my dock goes and the ice is way too thin now, haha.. even the birds were falling through the ice. Thanks for the feedback and the tips for future capturing!

any ideas how I can enhance these in post?

I gave it a try, but it really wasn't sharp enough to begin with. I applied heavy unsharp mask and High pass sharpening. I then used a textured preserving smooth. I isolated the birds and smooth the background. I then adjusted highlights and shadows. I added contrast, fill light and a touch of clarity. I also gave it a slightly tighter crop... Sorry it was the best I could do...

Most reactions

Back