2 flipped photos, which..

The sign was an obvious give away in the first pair, I'm not sure why I thought no4 looked more real in the second pair. I can't see any conscious clues.

As OLIVER CROMWELL said when sitting for his portrait, "Paint me as I am warts and all".
How many Hours after that did he have the artist executed ? :allteeth:

PP what would some do without it? Does anyone take a photo and allow it to rise or fail on it's own merit or lack thereof? So much manipulation and gimmickry place questions on any digitally made landscape. Remove objects , add objects flip PHOTOSHOP. Call me old fashioned (at 80 I plead guilty) but I never manipulate images, it is worthy or it is not. As OLIVER CROMWELL said when sitting for his portrait, "Paint me as I am warts and all".

I am mostly the same, but there are always limitations between what the minds eye sees vs. what you can get on film and now sensors. I do PP, but try to limit it with nature, landscape and people shots, to exposure and such, similar to the old darkroom methods of dodging and burning, etc. when enlarging.

Having said that, if my goal is abstract art prints, the PP sky is the limit.

Thanks for the comments.
I never take a photo and think of PP because other than some cropping, I really don't know how.
Like I said, I 'found' the button and clicked it and voila, the photo flipped.
I was intrigued and posted it here.

These 2 were off my phone. The snow dusting made me dash around to some close favorite spots to capture the effects. I caught this angle through some trees, driving out of a parking lot, jumped out phone in hand and took it. I liked the path and log as a leading line.

The sign was an obvious give away in the first pair, I'm not sure why I thought no4 looked more real in the second pair. I can't see any conscious clues.

As OLIVER CROMWELL said when sitting for his portrait, "Paint me as I am warts and all".
How many Hours after that did he have the artist executed ? :allteeth:
Probably not many! CROMWELL was not a gentle person.

I like your flipped version of your first image because my eye is stopped from leaving frame by that central mass of dark trees at the right. My eyes tend to move from left to right and having that dark mass stops my gaze from leaving frame.

Curiously, I prefer #4, the flipped version of #3 because the road leads my eye in on the left and then my gaze naturally moves to the mountain at the right. Looking at the unflipped #3, my eye is lead in by that road but doesn't move to the left as easily to take in the rest of the image.

What editing app are you using Nancy?

Thank you John, all interesting viewpoints!
You will laugh....I took it on my phone and some button I pushed, flipped it! Loaded it on here via my phone.
There was a minor adjustment on phone for light, crop, straighten, some color..
I have Elements 11 but really need a 'class' to learn it..

Most reactions

Back