TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Let me know what you think!

Hood River, Oregon by Chodie89, on Flickr

flower pano by Chodie89, on Flickr

Taken with Nikon D700.
1 was taken with Canon T2i and 180mm macro lens. straight out of the camera.

2 was a 7 bracket HDR heavily photoshopped taken with Nikon D700 using 14-24mm

Number 2) I like the definition in the flowers but the background is messy and distracting go down in your F numbers for a more shallow DOF next time! or mask your HDR area and leave the background untouched. That’s my 50 cent worth opinion :)

Number 2) I like the definition in the flowers but the background is messy and distracting go down in your F numbers for a more shallow DOF next time! or mask your HDR area and leave the background untouched. That’s my 50 cent worth opinion :)

Thous are really eye caching shots wonderful image.........

Nice shots! but i prefer the first photo...

Thanks a lot! I'll see if I can touch up number 2 a little more.

Even though it has flaws, I kind of like the second photo because it has a sort of whimsical feel to it, which I think would be lost if the dof were more shallow because those flowers in back would then be too blurred to appreciate. Perhaps a tighter crop? If you cropped off the top, say down to the top of the flower on the far right and cloned out those two white poles it might help salvage the shot.

I agree that the 2nd one would be much improved had a lower F stop been used. Either that or put everything in focus depending on what look you want.

I like how the flowers kind of go go down and then back up as you look left to right in the 2nd shot.

Most reactions

Back