2 Photos a week project, all comments welcome

I love the colour in the first one :)

How do you do the sunlight photo like you did in your 4th photo if I may ask?

I love the colour in the first one :)

How do you do the sunlight photo like you did in your 4th photo if I may ask?

Thank you for looking.

4th photo was taken using a 50mm prime lens set at ISO200, f/16, 1/400 sec.
I aim at the leaves to block out some sun light and took the pic.

It was my first time taking a pic aiming at the sun and was just pure luck that it came out just right.

Thanks! I've wanted to try some shots like that but haven't been too sure what to do

This is really wonderful scene of nature..i love every scenario,i should say this is paradise..wow i love the photos,wish i was there strolling and biking with my loved ones.

Thanks! I've wanted to try some shots like that but haven't been too sure what to do

You're very welcome. I'm a newbie to photography too, am understand how eager to try everything out.

This is really wonderful scene of nature..i love every scenario,i should say this is paradise..wow i love the photos,wish i was there strolling and biking with my loved ones.

Thank you. I am lucky enough to live in a beautiful country site and these pictures were taken in the local park just 10 minutes walk from my house.

Last edited:
Looking back at this again, I think the colours are a little too saturated.

do You think so ?

Today is the only sunny day of the week, so went out to practice my 50mm prime lens that I got last week. Try to learn how to use the distance scale on the lens and at the same time shooting with only spot metering. To my surprise spot metering is very helpful for using in extremely contrasty condition. Here are the 2 photos for this week and both were taken under the hash afternoon sun light.

I didn't go too crazy with the saturation this time and I think it look more natural. Do you agree ?

5165855833_a7baedf9f9.jpg

5166418716_46aa6daff7.jpg

Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for looking.

Last edited:
I was shocked to find one of my image in somebody else blog. It has never cross my mind that any of my image is good enough to be stolen.
Does anyone here has similar experience ? How do you protect your image ?

*sigh* not a single word from anyone again. Please someone say something. Here in these last 2 photos I was trying to play with distance scale on my 50mm prime lens. I'm trying to get the DOF so that it look a bit 3 dimensional. Am I doing it right ? Did it show in these pictures ?

This week I wanted to experiment with low light photography. This is my the first time taking photos in extreme low light condition I was playing learning how to use spot metering in low light condition. Here are my photos for this week.

This one was taken on a very misty day. The sky was very grey, but some light manage to break through the misty sky. I was trying to capture the blueish misty condition, but I was surprised to find more colour in the picture when I open it up in Raw. Here is the one of the final edition that I managed.

5185922368_397392a10c.jpg

This one was taken in a pub. It was a very cloudy day outside. The lighting in the pub was great. I was trying to focus on the girl behind the bar, but somehow the subject came out very soft. I was using a 50mm lens ISO 3200, 1/320 sec, f/2.0.

5194846829_e22812896f.jpg

Any comments are welcome.
Thanks for looking

Most reactions

New Topics

Back