2 photos for C&C Please. Taken Thanksgiving 2011

photo guy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are 2 photos I took on Thanksgiving. One morning shot which I took as I was leaving town in the morning looking North up the main heart of town and the 2nd after I came back into town later in the evening. Thank You

My C&C on them: #1 try not to get my shadow in the photo #2 try to not get the lights so bright up towards the far North end of town

1. Photo taken as I was leaving town.

2. Photo taken after I got back in town.

WOW, no C&C in 73 views! Maybe I shouldn't waste my time posting photos for a while and just do C&C!

photo guy, I am inclined to think that there are SO many newbies on here right now that the true heroes of this board are tired or too busy to grab every single C&C. I don't C&C but I'm getting tired of threads that say C&C in them just because most of them hold crap pics from people who got a DSLR for Christmas lol. I say just wait till the rush is over and try again. Chances are, those 73 views are from the newbies who can't/don't C&C. And out of the members we have here, 73 views is nothing, and for all you know, could be from the general public.

Saying stuff like "maybe I shouldn't waste my time posting photos" is very passive aggressive and will NOT get you the attention you desire, that's for sure.

TenaciousTins said:
photo guy, I am inclined to think that there are SO many newbies on here right now that the true heroes of this board are tired or too busy to grab every single C&C. I don't C&C but I'm getting tired of threads that say C&C in them just because most of them hold crap pics from people who got a DSLR for Christmas lol. I say just wait till the rush is over and try again. Chances are, those 73 views are from the newbies who can't/don't C&C. And out of the members we have here, 73 views is nothing, and for all you know, could be from the general public.

Saying stuff like "maybe I shouldn't waste my time posting photos" is very passive aggressive and will NOT get you the attention you desire, that's for sure.

All too true. I am sticking away from cc during the influx of newbies. Much safer that way.
And to the passive aggressive side... did you happen to think about all of those newbies? They are checking out everything and anything for inspiration, insight, ideas, information... but they aren't up to commenting yet. Aaannnd... this sites public. ANYONE can view the posts. They all count as views.
Lastly... if you want to have a snit because no one said anything you might want to think twice. You get out of this what you put into it. Put a pissy attitude in and you'll get pissy back. The help you receive here is FREE. We are not PAID to be at your beck and call. We don't HAVE to give you any feedback. We take a lot of time to freely give of our knowledge. If we don't do it on your schedule I am incredibly sorry. I have PAYING clients who come first. Then my family, friends and just about everyone I know who come long before any forum. Same with everyone else. You get help here WHEN WE CAN GIVE IT. Or never if you are ungrateful and pissy about it.

Not to mention you posted these at 3:05 AM.

TenaciousTins said:

All too true. I am sticking away from cc during the influx of newbies. Much safer that way.
And to the passive aggressive side... did you happen to think about all of those newbies? They are checking out everything and anything for inspiration, insight, ideas, information... but they aren't up to commenting yet. Aaannnd... this sites public. ANYONE can view the posts. They all count as views.
Lastly... if you want to have a snit because no one said anything you might want to think twice. You get out of this what you put into it. Put a pissy attitude in and you'll get pissy back. The help you receive here is FREE. We are not PAID to be at your beck and call. We don't HAVE to give you any feedback. We take a lot of time to freely give of our knowledge. If we don't do it on your schedule I am incredibly sorry. I have PAYING clients who come first. Then my family, friends and just about everyone I know who come long before any forum. Same with everyone else. You get help here WHEN WE CAN GIVE IT. Or never if you are ungrateful and pissy about it.

Don't be rude and bash him. We'll never hear the end of it!

TenaciousTins said:

Don't be rude and bash him. We'll never hear the end of it!

I know...

You're right...

I probably shouldn't be here this morning. I am not feeling the love for of the ungrateful children around me... It's clouding my judgement.

LOL!

Nothing spectacular, in shot 1 i can see your shadow so for me it was just a quick grab shot with no thought or real subject

Mleek, I am not trying to be rude but am trying to learn. So far my most of my work has been called crap so I thought that I would post a comparison to see if that helps. Thanks

I already mentioned my shadow by doing my own C&C as some people have requested, this is the best town day shot I have of the 3 I took in the morning. The subject is supposed to be the downtown.

I already mentioned my shadow by doing my own C&C as some people have requested, this is the best town day shot I have of the 3 I took in the morning. The subject is supposed to be the downtown.

Go back when there is some harsh sunlight and take some shots of that building on the left, get in close and cut out all the crap, there will be nice shadows and if you frame them well you should get some nice abstact architecture shots

Quite frankly I'm getting sick of posts where the author complains about not getting enough C&C or not getting it fast enough and them bumping their posts all the time. It's great if you get C&C. Better luck next time if you don't. Life is like a box of chocolates and so is TPF. AFAIK nobody here gets paid to respond to posts. People need to realize that and be grateful for the responses they receive. I would love to get C&C from cgipson1, KmH, MLeek, Derrel, bigtwinky, Bitter Jeweler, Schwettylens, BigMike and tirediron (to name a few) on every single photo I post but I realize that it won't happen and that's fine.

This is not a stab at photo guy specifically but I'm seeing posts like this all the time. They're especially annoying when the author has less than 10 posts under their belt.

Quite frankly I'm getting sick of posts where the author complains about not getting enough C&C or not getting it fast enough and them bumping their posts all the time. It's great if you get C&C. Better luck next time if you don't. Life is like a box of chocolates and so is TPF. AFAIK nobody here gets paid to respond to posts. People need to realize that and be grateful for the responses they receive. I would love to get C&C from cgipson1, KmH, MLeek, Derrel, bigtwinky, Bitter Jeweler, Schwettylens, BigMike and tirediron (to name a few) on every single photo I post but I realize that it won't happen and that's fine.

This is not a stab at photo guy specifically but I'm seeing posts like this all the time. They're especially annoying when the author has less than 10 posts under their belt.

He has more posts than you :p

Oh no. I'm a n00b and I'm the first to admit it. I should have conveyed that in the post but you won't see me getting impatient and bumping my own threads because they didn't get enough responses. I enjoy your C&Cs as well, BTW. Some feel it's harsh at times but it seems you tell it how it is and I really like that :D

Quite frankly I'm getting sick of posts where the author complains about not getting enough C&C or not getting it fast enough and them bumping their posts all the time. It's great if you get C&C. Better luck next time if you don't. Life is like a box of chocolates and so is TPF. AFAIK nobody here gets paid to respond to posts. People need to realize that and be grateful for the responses they receive. I would love to get C&C from cgipson1, KmH, MLeek, Derrel, bigtwinky, Bitter Jeweler, Schwettylens, BigMike and tirediron (to name a few) on every single photo I post but I realize that it won't happen and that's fine.This is not a stab at photo guy specifically but I'm seeing posts like this all the time. They're especially annoying when the author has less than 10 posts under their belt.
I get what's being said here. I don't think she is comparing herself in anyway. I think what Phoenix is trying to here is she (she I think I anyway) is tired of people who have been on here for 5 minutes and acting like they're owed some kinda special treatment and attention.

Most reactions

Back