ConradM

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. f1.8 1/30 ISO800 50mm

DSC02349mod2Medium.jpg

2. f1.8 0.8 ISO400 50mm

I forgot to change the ISO on this one, could have bumped it up. Probably why it's OOF.

DSC02372modMedium.jpg

Both of these were hand held.

They both look OOF. The first one isn't as bad as the 2nd. 1/30 is getting a little iffy for handheld. Usually your minimum shutter speed should equal your focal length. Doubling your focal length is even better. Also, shooting at f/1.8 isn't going to produce the best images. The depth of field is so razor thin that it can be hard to nail focus. If you were within 5 feet o your baby then your depth of field was probably around 2" - not very much! Super cute kid though!!

They both look OOF. The first one isn't as bad as the 2nd. 1/30 is getting a little iffy for handheld. Usually your minimum shutter speed should equal your focal length. Doubling your focal length is even better. Also, shooting at f/1.8 isn't going to produce the best images. The depth of field is so razor thin that it can be hard to nail focus. If you were within 5 feet o your baby then your depth of field was probably around 2" - not very much! Super cute kid though!!

1/30 is iffy? The 2nd was shot at .8 :p

You really think the first one is oof? I think it's just the resize...

So, shutter speed being equal to focal length.. You mean shoot at 1/50 if I'm using a 50mm?

Cute kid...my only comment - the skin tone in the first one seems a bit redder/pinker than the skin tone in the second image, but maybe that is because the lighting appears to be a bit different.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Cute kid...my only comment - the skin tone in the first one seems a bit redder/pinker than the skin tone in the second image, but maybe that is because the lighting appears to be a bit different.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Thanks! Yea, in the 2nd picture the light from the tv was reflecting off of his face.

I dont know enough to C&C but you have a REALLY gorgeous little baby. :)

ConradM said:
1/30 is iffy? The 2nd was shot at .8 :p

Yup and that's why the 2nd one is so OOF!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back