2 quick questions

Ajlista

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well here i present to you guys two questions. Photographyy boooksss i took one out of my school library really quickly cause class was starting and it was published in 1994. Do you think the infos still valid? Its called the book of photography. Its by john hedgecoe. also. Photographing skateboarding. What are prime settings for it like shutter speed and such
thanks!

Depends on your lighting. Depends where you are. Depends what kind of gear you got.

Im usin a rebel xs eos with a 55-250mm lens and ill just be using day light

well day light isn't always the same so you want to up your shutter speed. I'm not a canon guy so how to do that is up to you. If you have an external flash use it. I would firetit straight up to get some good lit photos. The lower the light the higher the ISO you want to use to get clear photos.

The principals of photography are just as valid today as they were in 1994, in 1984, in 1974 ....

You photograph skate boarding the same as anything else you would want to photograph. Adjust your aperture for the depth of field required, adjust your shutter speed for the amount of motion blurring you want or don't want and then change your iso if the above two requirements can't be met at base iso.

At base iso on a sunny day with a normal lens you might want to try 1/250 seconds at f8. Look at your histogram and adjust your exposure as required.

I understand you might be young and in a rush to get to class but 'I' is usually capitalized, the words are 'information' and 'because', you are missing a verb before 'valid', .... well you get the point. There are quite a few more mistakes in your short paragraph. I teach at a community college and I am astounded at the illiteracy of high school students entering higher education.

The principals of photography are just as valid today as they were in 1994, in 1984, in 1974 ....

You photograph skate boarding the same as anything else you would want to photograph. Adjust your aperture for the depth of field required, adjust your shutter speed for the amount of motion blurring you want or don't want and then change your iso if the above two requirements can't be met at base iso.

At base iso on a sunny day with a normal lens you might want to try 1/250 seconds at f8. Look at your histogram and adjust your exposure as required.

I understand you might be young and in a rush to get to class but 'I' is usually capitalized, the words are 'information' and 'because', you are missing a verb before 'valid', .... well you get the point. There are quite a few more mistakes in your short paragraph. I teach at a community college and I am astounded at the illiteracy of high school students entering higher education.

thanks for the info i do need a flash
and i do apoligize for sounding so uneducated but im posting from my ipod and im just typing fast and it autochanges stuff and indont notice
well thanks ;)
im usually not typing like this haha sooo yeah

As has been said the principles of photography have not changed since things changed from majority film to majority digital - the only change is that ASA(ISO in digital terms) is no longer fixed to your film type and instead you are able to change it on the fly as you want with digital cameras.

Photographing skateboarding. What are prime settings for it like shutter speed and such
thanks!

The key here isn't so much learning the "perfect" settings for a type of shot, but in learning Aperture; Shutter speed and ISO and how each affects your shot and how they combine together to give you a final exposure. Once you start to understand the basic theories here you are then able to better understand what kind of settings are best for you in a given situation for a given effect.
Almost any photography book is going to go through these basics and even your camera manual will outline some of the basic points as well. In addition "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson is a well recommended book by many for understanding the three settings and the final exposure

thanks for the info i do need a flash
and i do apoligize for sounding so uneducated but im posting from my ipod and im just typing fast and it autochanges stuff and indont notice
well thanks ;)
im usually not typing like this haha sooo yeah

I fynd yr apolgy ironic as it as poorly writen as the original. i well speek as u doo. I hop i don't mix av and ios and 3dtv up in replyyng

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back