2 rainbows + 1 tree

Bandwidth limit reached... You may want to talk with your host....

Zach :D

Well, what can I say? The golden colour of your evening photos has always fascinated me and doesn't cease to fascinate me, all I keep wondering about is how you manage to bring about these colours. At that time of the day, with a weather front being "lit", the colours are quite intense, no doubt, but in your photos they are always even more than that. Amazing - and amazingly beautiful.

Great photos, but my fav is #3 Very nice.!!!

wow -Thank all for your comments! sorry so late for responding, its been a long week.

The colours are achieved with BOTH natural lighting and photoshop. Auckland rests upon a narrow ithmus so there is constantly strange weather blowing from the Pacific and across the tasman (bloody aussies ;)) The saying about Auckland weather is that it has '4 seasons in one day'.

The colour enhancing techniques i use in photoshop- i wrote a brief tutorial about them here 1 year ago but unfortunately the images have long since been removed: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4190&highlight=adjustment+layer

Essentially i use adjustment layers and layer masks to bring out contrast and colour of the image. It can be long tedious process :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back