2 to cc

sovietdoc

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
rainier1.jpg

Not sure but the colors in this shot look all weird, could be because I didn't have a polarizer..

img5017resized.jpg

It kinda looks a bit blurry. I am not sure if I shot this right. I focused on the green field, and then closed aperture to f/11. Was I supposed to focus on the mountain or the trees instead?

#1.. I like it.. Stupid 2 people on the right have to go away.

I dont think it matters.. both the trees and the mountain are probably at infinity already. (I could be wrong.. that's my newbie understanding)

#1 is great. How much did you bump the saturation up though? Maybe bring it down just a tad. Unless thats how you like it.

#1 is great. How much did you bump the saturation up though? Maybe bring it down just a tad. Unless thats how you like it.

Not that much, the shot was HDR so that's what probably makes it look over-saturated. I did 16 bit mixing instead of 32 and now I am thinking about remaking this shot. If I bring the saturation down, then the sun becomes pretty flat.

I think that you have over-driven the levels in the first one to cause banding around the sun and into the sky.. It's OK if you like that look.. These shots are best done with a graduated neutral density filter.. Alternatively, you could isolate the sky in mask, then bring up the levels and lighten the foreground and put it all back together again.. It's a great scene and one I would work on....

The second one......... depends on what you want in focus, but for landscapes you generally want the entire distant frame in focus unless you are trying to draw attention to the foreground.. You should have nailed the focus on the mountain... For this one, the foreground is not interesting and the bit of tree on the right is not necessary so - as a point of composition, reposition to eliminate the tree (moving the mountain slightly to the right) and tilt up so the light grass is a much smaller strip.. You may also need to do a bit of work on the field that breaks the treeline.. Hard to say, but the whole thing looks a bit soft to me...:D

Most reactions

Back