Reaction score
Website
www.jenlavazza.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a storyboard from Sunday's session .... c & c always welcome! -

5475554654_8756491e23_z.jpg

Just a couple of things I noted through the photos
- a storyboard generally displays a story. This composite of 5 images doesn't tell a story. More of a technicality but it helps when explaining it to others.
- 3 extreme close-ups with no image far enough away to really establish the scene.
- Your black and white images wash out the overall image, and reduce contrast significantly. Also the face lost a lot of detail because of this.
- The color images are very nice with their saturation and contrast.
- Variety is a little bit lacking, all images of him sitting in the chair. This could easily have been because he just wouldn't do anything else, age is a huge factor of course. Though it doesn't hurt to really push sometimes, a larger variety could have breathed a little bit more life into this composite.
- The only break in colors (because of the above) are the black and white images. They create new contrast amongst the others. This is great except they do not really allow one's eyes to rest on them because they are very bright overall.

I really think something other than just this one scene could have done a lot to add to the series. Whether the child sat on his knees, stood next to the chair, sat next to the chair, anything to break up the 5 repeated shots.
Overall nice job, don't get stuck in one mindset :)

I agree... different crops of the same scene is not variety enough for this treatment.

But truly, the flat approach to lighting is hurting this much more.

I'm not sold on the grey shirt either... not with this background. Maybe should have gone with just the red T, or no shirt at all.

Cute kid. Good expressions.

But truly, the flat approach to lighting is hurting this much more.

I'm not sold on the grey shirt either... not with this background. Maybe should have gone with just the red T, or no shirt at all.

Cute kid. Good expressions.

This was bothering me as well, but I wasn't sure if I was just being too picky. Though now that you bring it up, I have a bit more solace that it isn't just me lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back