$2000 budget - what would you buy?

I challenge you to a shoot out, I use my 30$ Agfa isolette II, Kodak Tri-X. One shot landscape and one shot close up. I"d like to see the differeence :) you game?

how about some pictures that new loot can take
I've posted a few of those...

I challenge you to a shoot out, I use my 30$ Agfa isolette II, Kodak Tri-X. One shot landscape and one shot close up. I"d like to see the differeence :) you game?
Not familiar with that camera, but I'm game. "Close-up" is kind of limiting for the GF670 - minimum focus distance is 0.9 meters, and all it has is a 'normal' 80mm lens.

To make it fair, lets try to use the same film (or at least similar). I have on hand: Fuji Acros 100, Efke 25, Efke 50, T-Max 400, Rollei Retro 400S, Ektar 100, and Fuji Pro 160S.

You pick the film that most closely matches what you have.

For developers, I have available - Xtol, HC-110, and Rodinal - (and a C-41 kit).

Im good with 3' as close up, and Tmax 400 is as good as it gets iimho. Lets get out there and shoot! :)

Cool. Pretty sure I have T-Max 400 in it right now. I work weekends, so I won't have much of a chance to shoot anything till Monday.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, what are we going for here? One shot at minimum focusing distance, another at (or near) infinity? Aperture whatever you want?

What about subject matter? I don't typically do landscapes, but I'm sure I could figure something out...

Are you going to be using T-Max 400 too?

The GF670 does have some distortion close-up, it's not too bad though. Mostly only noticeable around the edges if there's straight lines there.

No need to be presice, were using the same film. Take a shot at minimum focus, and at max. Aperture can be what ever suits your needs. I might come across as a asshat but I just want to have fun :)

I'm having second thoughts about this now...

I just got done scanning a roll of T-max 400 that I shot last week. I have very limited experience with T-max, and so far I am not liking it.

I'll still play, but I may use a different film, and it may take me longer than I originally thought.

I need more time to figure T-max out, lol. Even in 35mm, I haven't been having liking T-max much. I've always shot Fuji before - thought I'd give Kodak a chance, and so far it seems to be a lot different than I'm used to...

I have a little more than half a roll of T-max 400 in the camera now. I'm going to shoot the rest of the roll at 200 (maybe even 100) and see how that comes out. If that looks OK, I'll pop in another roll and play - if not, I'll load some Acros and play.

You wouldn't think it would make that big of a difference, but so far I am not liking Kodak at all...

Maybe the (Fuji) camera somehow knows when it has Kodak film in it and tries to screw me. :lol: I swear, I don't know what the deal is - but for me Fuji is reliable, I know what to expect. Kodak is completely alien. I never know what it's going to do. Even in 35mm...

Anyway, here's a few non-kodak film shots from the GF670 (just to give this post a purpose):

(With the exception of the first (Rollei Retro 400S), all of these are Fuji - Acros for the B&W, 160S for the color ones.)

11231104 by J E, on Flickr

11031101 by J E, on Flickr

11081118 by J E, on Flickr

11061102 by J E, on Flickr

11061104 by J E, on Flickr

11081106 by J E, on Flickr

OK, I just hung another roll up to dry. I did take a few at minimum focusing distance, but none at infinity.

Because of all the problems I've been having, I bracketed like crazy.

I think I got a bad batch of T-Max. The shots at 50 ISO look the best. This is ISO 400 film, lol. The only thing I can think of is that some T-Max 100 somehow got mixed up with the 400 at the factory. The film even says 400 on it, but there's no way this is 400 ISO film...

...I wonder if the other 5-pack I have is going to be the same...?

I think it's going to be Neopan from here out for me after I use up the rest of this stuff. :lol:

I'll scan and get a few pictures up tonight.

Most reactions

Back