2008 Lotus Elise: On the track at MSR Houston

TheoGraphics

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.theo-graphics.com
Had the amazing opportunity to shoot this Lotus on the track at MSR Houston a few weeks ago. You can read more and see a video on the processing of the rig shot on MY BLOG.

1-X3.jpg

2-X3.jpg

3-X3.jpg

4-X3.jpg

5-X3.jpg

6-X3.jpg

7-X3.jpg

Lotus-Elise-Motion-XL.jpg

Cool shots. I'm down there all the time at the kart track.

These are pretty cool shots....and I almost never like automotive photography. Well framed. Nice lighting. The last shot is spectacular. Thanks for posting.

Awesome shots of a fun car! Really enjoyed the video of the edit in your blog. Makes me realize I have a lot to learn on the editing side of things.

The last photo is really nice! I love automobiles. Actually attempted to drive one in the 80's. Amazing car. Great photos:)

They are very good! I love the montages. They can be hanged on a wall. The last 1 is fantastic. What lenses did you use?

Cool shots. I'm down there all the time at the kart track.

it's a great place! i try to make it down there as much as i can.

These are pretty cool shots....and I almost never like automotive photography. Well framed. Nice lighting. The last shot is spectacular. Thanks for posting.

that's awesome to hear. i know that automotive photography isn't for everyone, and so i always try to inject a bit of "art" into my automotive shots so that they might appeal to that crowd. i'm really happy to hear someone who generally isn't interested in the subject likes the photos!

Awesome shots of a fun car! Really enjoyed the video of the edit in your blog. Makes me realize I have a lot to learn on the editing side of things.

Just takes a lot of practice, trial and error...keep working at it!

The last photo is really nice! I love automobiles. Actually attempted to drive one in the 80's. Amazing car. Great photos:)

thanks a lot!

They are very good! I love the montages. They can be hanged on a wall. The last 1 is fantastic. What lenses did you use?

thanks very much! my trusty nikon 80-200 2.8 was used for about 90% of these shots.

Your processing is crazy. Loved watching!!

Nice shots. I love that car and you've done it justice IMO. The only nitpicks is the two shots in the S-curve seem a little crooked (see the horizon). It looks like you meant to do it on a couple others, but those just look 'off' to me. I also kinda wish you'd used a slower shutter speed on your rig shot to give it a better sense of speed, but other than that stuff, they look really nice.

Your processing is crazy. Loved watching!!

thanks, jackie!

Nice shots. I love that car and you've done it justice IMO. The only nitpicks is the two shots in the S-curve seem a little crooked (see the horizon). It looks like you meant to do it on a couple others, but those just look 'off' to me. I also kinda wish you'd used a slower shutter speed on your rig shot to give it a better sense of speed, but other than that stuff, they look really nice.

i see what you mean about the horizon not being leveled. good attention to detail, and thanks for the CC!

These, as with all of your work, are brilliant. There's not much more I can say!

I'm really curious as to where you have learnt to process? I recently got myself a copy of CS5 and I really need to know how to get the most out of the software. I was wondering whether you read books, watched videos, took courses or are even completely self taught? I know how to do basic portrait jobs like the obligatory skin softening, blemish removal or eye whitening/vein removal but have become more interested in the composite and finer details I see in your work.

My favourite is the second triptych, by the way!

I hope you don't mind, but I have a new iPhone home screen :)

-ken Turner

Attachments

• $image-1790154406.jpg
    $image-1790154406.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 126
Very VERY nice! On the third from the last, shouldn't we be able to see the sky color through the window areas?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back