What's new

Two years with large format film

Vieri9 8

Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Joined
Nov 24, 2017
Messages
623
Reaction score
1,346
Location
Tuscany, Italy
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone, it now has been two years since I started thinking about working with large format 4x5” film, and what an exciting, inspiring ride this has been! Working with large format proved to be everything I hoped for and more; after two years, I am fully convinced that this has been the right choice for me and that large format film is the medium that best helps me express myself through my photography.

Between our Workshops and my personal work, my wife and I do travel a lot; however, I was surprised to see that, grouping together all our travels, since I got my first 4x5” camera I had the opportunity to work with large format for a total of about 365 days in the field over two calendar years!

While the learning never stops, after these two years I now feel confident enough about sharing some thoughts about this photographic experience and all it entailed, hoping you’ll find them interesting and useful regardless of any eventual interest you may have in working with film.

The article is way too long to share here; if interested, you'll find on my blog, here: TWO YEARS WITH LARGE FORMAT | Vieri Bottazzini Fine Art Photography

Enjoy the read and let me know your thoughts! Best regards,

Vieri
 
Great work as always. I love using my view cameras too.
Do you have a favourite film and developer combination?
Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed the article and the work and great to meet a fellow view camera lover. About your question, I favour Ilford FP4+ developed in Pyrocat-HD. My dev times are between 10-13 minutes, depending on the contrast I am after; 10 inversions at start and then 3 inversions per minute.

Hope this helps! Best regards,

Vieri
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom