2011 Camaro

Jeff_M

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first photo thread on here, so be nice :) Just some photos that I have taken with my XSI. 60d body should be in this weekend, and planning a photo trip soon. So expect more from me and I cant wait to learn more and more over time! Thanks

Jeff

camarodof2_zps81c6b11e.jpg

camaro3_zpsbc965da0.jpg

meangarage_zps6a4bca64.jpg

camarodof_zps0f3e0b57.jpg

camaro1_zps219b94bb.jpg

frontss2_zps80419e38.jpg

I like them, I also have a soft spot for the 2011 Camaro, I have one, her name is Chantilly Lace..

I get distracted by the delivery backdrop. Maybe a nice field or something else would be a better backdrop.

Great pictures and great car. #1 looks like a toy car XD

Yeha I don't like the backdrop either. But good shots of the car. #2 is my fave.

Yeah, it was just a quick shoot after I was done work. Id like to try to get some early morning shots. I live close to a more rural area so the landscape should help out a bit.

I kind of like the industrial background. It's simple enough and out of focus enough to not be distracting, but it gives a little interest and context, kind of a gritty feel for a gritty car. This isn't some damn country car for Equestrians, this is a city car for people with jobs. I'd like to see a little more pop in the exteriors, just push the curves around a little to lose the dull grey-day feel (good choice of day for shooting, by the way, the reflections on the car are quite decent using the Giant Sky Softbox).

The car poking its snout out of the garage is great. The sunlit foreground is unfortunate. Re-shoot it at night, with a snooted flash to squirt a little light onto a corner as if from a street light.

Isn't 2011 where the ass-end got the "grinning maniac" treatment? I love that. Why aren't we seeing shots of that?

Love it or hate it, there's not denying that the new Camaro is *styled*. The clarity of vision in this damn thing's design is stunning. Even Lambo's just look like everything else, albeit with gull-wing doors, because it turns out the wind tunnel always comes up with the same answer - make it look like a Prius. The Camaro guys clearly said 'screw the wind tunnel' which you gotta respect.

thanks amolitor! I love the passion for the camaro!

Totally agree with amolitor about the garage pic! Liked very much the 2nd one with the car lights aligned with the lamps. I would like to see the last one in a slight different angle, more oblique...

hard to really tell on my work screen, but did you artifically blur the backgroun on the first shot? seems some spots on the building go from being blurred to more in focus.

amolitor said:
The car poking its snout out of the garage is great. The sunlit foreground is unfortunate. Re-shoot it at night, with a snooted flash to squirt a little light onto a corner as if from a street light.

Totally agree here. The sunlight is a bit overpowering but it's still a good shot and a great idea. Get rid of those damn parking cones in the night shot. They were the first thing I noticed and ruined he pic for me. In #4 it looks like a Hot Wheel, not a knock I think it looks cool that way.

hard to really tell on my work screen, but did you artifically blur the backgroun on the first shot? seems some spots on the building go from being blurred to more in focus.

unfortunately I did. I was just trying photoscape out. LOL

That's what kinda kills it for me. Makes me think instagram, and i'm not saying your blur is as bad as that, but just not natural. The lighting for me looks a bit dull. but ive been doing a lot of lit sundown/night photos, so a lot of stuff is looking dull to me right now lol. I'm normally not against this style backdrop, got some photos of my own car with a similar background, but its just not doing it for me with these. only thing that comes up off the top of my head is just the color of the car versus the background. I think if it was a lot darker background and building that it probalby would have worked for me a bit better. I kinda wanna see it on a darker background to see if thats what it is. Your positioning of the car in most of the shots seems good. the shot of it in the garage ive always been a fan of. maybe work on trying to get the background a bit more black and the car a bit more lit up. I like the last shot, you did a good job on that. Ive seen way worse car shots on here then this, just think with a few changes and some more shots at it you will come out with some great shots.

Since automotive photography is something i tend to do often, i will say that #2 is my favorite and i believe your strongest from the set. The others do nothing for me unfortunately. Some of them the angles the pictures were taken at seem too "JDM" (if you don't know what i'm taking about, think fast and the furious) and others the lighting just isn't there. Some of it may be able to be fixed via PP. But idk.

Just keep shooting! It will come! And enjoy the new body.

Most reactions

Back