27" Monitor specs?

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm shopping for a monitor comparable to the Apple's 27". I don't need the 20 million dollar 27" monitor, on the other hand I don't want the $300 bestbuy special.

What are the specs I should look for in a decent 27" in the $500-1200 range? Black Friday or Cyber Monday I'll be purchasing a monitor and calibration gear whether I find the right one on sale or not.

Search tool didn't help me.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Crazy nice, thanks for the tip

That viewsonic has a TN panel and not an IPS panel. They can't be truly calibrated and by moving your head a bit one way or the others, brightness and color tone can be affected. IPS panels will usually be more expensive and that's why there's a $300-$400 price difference in those 27" monitors. They have great response times and are awesome for playing games, but not so much for editing photos where you care about accuracy and consistency.

Viewsonic VX2753mh-LED review | from TechRadar's expert reviews of Monitors

LCD Panel Technology Explained - S-IPS, H-IPS, S-PVA, MVA and TN

The Dell U2711 would be a good option. I bought the Asus PA238Q as it had such a good colour gamut but it might be a little smaller than you are looking for. I found the info at monitorsforphotography.com very helpful when I was doing my research

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back