2nd Picture of Dock

ya it's for sure a bridge, not sure why I put dock...I was up late. I totally understand what your saying, it looks almost like a painting rather than a photograph. I think as a photographer my goal is to capture the emotion and represent what I was seeing at the time. Also im kind of an art major, so I tend to go overboard sometimes.

Thanks for the critique!

hehe, np. Buddy of mine is an artist and I'm always giving him a hard time for this and that. I'm an IT guy. We have no soul, really. :)

Sometimes photography is about capturing what the eye sees, and sometimes its about capturing what the eye can't see. In this example, the photographer caught something our eyes would not have seen otherwise (at least this colorful and dramatic).

Um, well, ok... except maybe we're not "capturing" so much as inventing. Big difference.

hehe, np. Buddy of mine is an artist and I'm always giving him a hard time for this and that. I'm an IT guy. We have no soul, really. :)

Um, well, ok... except maybe we're not "capturing" so much as inventing. Big difference.

I'm minoring in IT!!! Majoring in Multimedia, and yes we tend to invent artwork. Witch is ok? I understand why you don't like it. It's less of a photograph and more of a "digital" painting. I'm new to photography so idk all the etiquet. Is it offensive to post stuff like this? Should I say painting in the title or something?

Thanks for the critique.

Last edited:
I'm minoring in IT!!! Majoring in Multimedia, and yes we tend to invent artwork. Witch is ok? I understand why you don't like it. It's less of a photograph and more of a "digital" painting. I'm new to photography so idk all the etiquet. Is it offensive to post stuff like this? Should I say painting in the title or something?

Thanks for the critique.

noooooooooooo no no no no...

You can do and post whatever you like. Take my comments only for what they are... the opinion of some random jerk on the internet. :mrgreen:

You should give it no more weight than anyone else's opinion, but I personally recommend listening to all opinions, trying to understand them and why they come out, and then deciding which ones are meaningful and useful to you.

I'm a literal cut and dry kind of guy, so it pains me to say things like this more than you can know, but... art is very subjective. Eye of the beholder and all that. What's more is it is not for any one person (or even big group of people) to tell you what is an "unacceptable" use of a camera (short of bludgeoning someone to death with it, I suppose... and even that could be argued)

Do what works for you, do what you like. Listen to criticism, but don't let it stifle your creativity.

That being said, YOUR PICTURE SUCKS!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm just kidding, but I just had to do that for the comedic value of it. :lol:

Most reactions

Back