2nd try at water drops C&C

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello All!

This was my second shooting using water drops.

Lens used: Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM:mrgreen: i love this lens!!!!!!!

Tell me what you think please!

C&C Welcome!:thumbup:

1)
4302581949_584fab7f61_o.jpg

2)
4303324856_5e5ae74413_o.jpg

3)
4302559359_a706fb7037_b.jpg

4)
4302558871_5e95641fa9_b.jpg

#4 is my favorite! Focus and timing were perfect for the drop! #3 The color is pretty stunning. What aperture were you using on the #1-3 as the DOF seems a little shallow, so parts of the "splash" are slightly OOF. I know it's difficult though as I had my first try yesterday. Good job overall.

agreed, 4 is the winner. out of all the water drop shots posted on this forum this one is the most original. the splash ring is cut off at the right but no big deal. :thumbup:

# 4 is the best what the heck happened to #3 all the sudden the colors intensify

# 4 is the best what the heck happened to #3 all the sudden the colors intensify

i experimented with some color here. I ripped a page out of a magazine with cool colors and stuck it underneath the water with the light reflection...gave it a cool color intensity.

i experimented with some color here. I ripped a page out of a magazine with cool colors and stuck it underneath the water with the light reflection...gave it a cool color intensity.

i like that idea. very creative.

FYI you can also place the paper/cut out as the backdrop with light bouncing thr color into the water. either way works fine with cool color changes. :thumbup:

i'll try another shoot in a couple days to improve on my macro water drops...any other tips??

any other thoughts on these?

Got a photo of your setup?

Really wanna try this.

sry I dun have a picture of my setup. i'll describe for you.

I used a broom with a hangar to hang my water bag. with a weight holding the broom end down. I then had a step stool to add height and put a pan of water underneath the water bag. I then punched a holemin the water bad with a toothpick and centered the water drops with the pan of water. Postioned camera about 1 ft away from drops. I know its a ghetto setup but it works!:mrgreen:

Lighting setup:

I had 2 desk lamps on oppsite side focusing light on pan with water and had room overhead light on.

These shots take a lot of patience and creativity. There really really fun to shoot~~! and turn out nicely if done correctly.

Good Luck! If you need any more help or if anything is unclear just ask.:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back