What's new

3 from the harbor of SD

SommarShade

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
2,840
Reaction score
83
harbor1.jpg


_MG_0304.jpg


_MG_0318.jpg
 
yea the last is a killer :thumbup:
 
Cripes, that last one could be a print

Nicely done
 
wow makes me wish my town had a river running through it :(
 
OK, let me be the odd one out: I like the middle photo best of all :greenpbl: ... honestly now: I do.

And SD stands for San Diego? Maybe?
 
amazing shots, my favourites are 1 and 3.. I love the reflections on the water
 
sorry Efergoh !! lol

Hey Im in OC, but when you get back in town (SD) what are the chances of

a tour of some cool millitary stuff, like abandoned bunkers or something? I

lloooove that stuff....
 
THORHAMMER said:
sorry Efergoh !! lol

Hey Im in OC, but when you get back in town (SD) what are the chances of

a tour of some cool millitary stuff, like abandoned bunkers or something? I

lloooove that stuff....

Chances are pretty slim. San Diego wasn't "home" per se. I was stationed at Camp Pendleton for 10 years (1993-2003).

If you call the Provost Marshalls office at Camp Pendleton, explain that you are a photographer, and if you catch them in a good mood, you might be able to get them to escort you to non-sensitive sites for photography. You might also be able to tag along with some of the units when they go to the range (bonus side to that is they might let you pull the trigger on the cool toys once or twice). When you call, ask for the SNCOIC (Staff Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge). Don't waste your time with the knuckle dragger than will answer the phone.

Most of the camps on base have captured equipment on display from various wars. Those always make for neat photos, too.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom