<3 (Jon's emotional thread)

Verbal

$100
Reaction score
Hey, I wanna tell you guys all how much I appreciate all of your support and encouragement. This is a great place, and I have a lot of respect for all of you.

Other places I've been online, like one forum in particular that I'm thinking... they can just get so ridiculous. There's one that's based on a local group of guys that I've known for almost three years, and have considered many of them friends or good friends... and tonight I pretty much just had the last that I could handle of it. They simply cannot respect me and my beliefs, and anytime they prod me about not drinking or swearing or whatever and I respond in any manner, they accuse me of the "holier than thou" syndrome. =( It's sad that I know very few people in person anymore that I can truly call a friend... so thanks to all of you for being awesome.

:hugs:

Yo! biartch. get that holier-than-thou ass down to the pub pronto and get pissed, shag a chick and piss in the bushes! Then go slap up that schlapper yo... ;-)

Who cares what other people think. Do what pleases yourself, but just don't be mean to me or I'll slap you silly! :p hehehe

..... breathe..... breathe.... go for a walk dude, sounds like you need it.

lol, can I just curl up by the fireplace and feel sorry for myself for not knowing anyone worth knowing here in Washington?

lol... yeah, I think I'll just go to bed.

Verbal said:
Hey, I wanna tell you guys all how much I appreciate all of your support and encouragement. This is a great place, and I have a lot of respect for all of you.

They simply cannot respect me and my beliefs, and anytime they prod me about not drinking or swearing or whatever and I respond in any manner, they accuse me of the "holier than thou" syndrome.
that's their loss verb! :sun:

Verbal said:

Other places I've been online, like one forum in particular that I'm thinking... they can just get so ridiculous. There's one that's based on a local group of guys that I've known for almost three years, and have considered many of them friends or good friends... and tonight I pretty much just had the last that I could handle of it. They simply cannot respect me and my beliefs, and anytime they prod me about not drinking or swearing or whatever and I respond in any manner, they accuse me of the "holier than thou" syndrome. =( It's sad that I know very few people in person anymore that I can truly call a friend... so thanks to all of you for being awesome.

Ahh, they're just scared 'cause you aren't a crowd-following zombie. Those who breathe only when peer pressure says they can have trouble comprehending how anyone else can buck the system. And when their entire reason for being is thus exposed as a sham they can be a wee bit touchy. ;)

a) This forum is great. You people have actually been privy to the "Real Bace". Mostly because I don't know any of you.

b) This forum is immune because idiots like me get cleaned up damn quickly or banned. Or in my case (see title) a healthy combination of both.

Big up TPF. And all the power mongering mods that made me stop being a douche bag.

...to a certain extent.

Verbal said:

I DEFINATELY sympathise with you on this one. I get this from a few of my cousins (and even an AUNT) because I don't go out and get drunk off my @ss every damn night. I have no problem if they do it, more power to ya...but when they keep pushin me to do it, and I keep saying 'no, I don't want to', 'no, that's not fun for me', they start saying that, like you said, I'm acting like I'm better than them. I actually no longer associate with that part of the family because of it...because they won't accept me unless I party all the time. Well I'm sorry, I don't want to end up like my own mother did, because she can't handle alchohol.

Sorry...didn't mean to go off on my own vent. That particular subject just touches a nerve for me, I guess.

We're all here for you, Jon, :hug::

jstuedle said:
You stopped? When, did I miss it?

"....to certain extent."

I guess you have some reading issues.:D :lmao:

Xmetal said:
Jonny just needs a big hug and lots of Strawberry Kisses!! :hug:: :lmao: :mrgreen:

Not from you I don't! :puke:

I think a big part of the reason why this forum is so untouched from "the intardnet" is because of the average age of the users. Sure, there are plenty of young people here, but the rules are upheld by the older (not old, just older ;) ) people who have the maturity to handle it. I can see a big difference when I look at this place, and then back at the old forum I was a part of where the average age was 19 or 20.

I personally don't think it's really the age that matters. It's the maturity. i was on a board that was run buy an early 20 something guy and it ran really well.

I think if you get good mods and run it with protocol and stick to it unless it needs revising then it can work.

i learned how to get on with people here and I hope I now do although uI get the feeling some don't like how I act, meh. As long as I'm accepted on the whole, you can't please everyone.

Verbal I think you did the right thing to get away from those people, it's their problems that are the real problem not yours.

Daniel said:
Verbal I think you did the wrong thing to get away from those people, it's there problems that are the real problem not yours.

Perhaps, but the thing is... I have so much other drama going on in my life that I really don't want, and can't handle, anymore. Because of me being a Christian I'm not allowed to mess up like anyone else, so when I slip up every member of the board jumps all over my back... I can't really take it right now. =\ There's no point in sticking around where I'm not wanted, and they're a bad influence on me anyway. So it's goodbye to them, hello TPF! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back