3 Photos--korean toddler, Chinese dude on bench, and Guard at Forbidden City

Silverbackmp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please critique these.

The first is a Korean Child I photographed with permission from her parents. Converted to black and white via Nik Effects, Burned Road, Dodged under eyes, accented relection in her eyes.

child2-for-web.jpg

The second is that of a Chinese guy asleep on a bench. I entitled it "Much Needed Rest." Heavy dodge around the subject.

Much-Needed-Rest-for-web.jpg

The second is a that of guard at the Fobidden City in Beijing that I entitled "Dilligent." Heavy crop, burn and extra sharpening in eyes.

dilligent-for-web.jpg

The last photo is that of a potter working around his wheel near Kyongju (Gyongju), South Korea. Burned around subject. Dodge a small amount on subject (arm). Some extra Grain Added (although it was fairly grainy in it's original).

Artisan-For-Web.jpg

I would appreciate any critique and will take all constructively.

I like the last three alot. however, could you take it down a notch on the white thingy on the second one? It's kind of distracting...

These are tight, but the obvious placement of the copyright stamp really distracts from the art. I can understand your concern for protecting your work, but perhaps a lower right corner branding would be better?

-Shea

These are tight, but the obvious placement of the copyright stamp really distracts from the art. I can understand your concern for protecting your work, but perhaps a lower right corner branding would be better?

-Shea

Yeah I probably have gone overboard; I have never posted a "serious" photo on the net until today. Although I am firmly in the amature status I plan on using some of my photos for contests (have won several places on a local level with other photos).

Better?

child2-for-web-1.jpg

Much-Needed-Rest-for-Web-1.jpg

dilligent-for-web-1.jpg

Artisan-for-Web-1.jpg

I like the last three alot. however, could you take it down a notch on the white thingy on the second one? It's kind of distracting...

There is a second person sitting on the bench who I felt was distracting enough to ruin the effect. I was shooting with my travel 18-200mm VR and wouldn't have been able to get enough boken to blur them out (although it appears from Exif data I was shooting in landscape mode for some reason). Lesson learned and I will be purchasing faster lenses in the near future and sticking to apeture priority for candids. Any suggesting to otherwise have shot or post processed this photo would be appreciated. Here is the original:

orignal-for-web.jpg

BTW, are these sized right for the web or are they a little too big? They look a little large after I have posted on my 19" monitor.

Neat, although seeing the original of the 'much needed rest' i like the color, and that other person being in the picture to even more convey how exactly tired that guy must have been. In the b/w version cropped only to see him - he sure looks uncomfortable enough for it to be considered a place you would not want to fall asleep in but in the original MAN, peopel walking around and a person sitting right there and you're passed out cold - Now THAT must be TIRED!
LOL Do I make sense?

Oh yeah also in the crop you can't see how his legs are even all funky like, how could a person sleep like that? I htink the legs add to the pic too but it;s of course only my opinion. :)

Neat, although seeing the original of the 'much needed rest' i like the color, and that other person being in the picture to even more convey how exactly tired that guy must have been. In the b/w version cropped only to see him - he sure looks uncomfortable enough for it to be considered a place you would not want to fall asleep in but in the original MAN, peopel walking around and a person sitting right there and you're passed out cold - Now THAT must be TIRED!
LOL Do I make sense?

How about this?

Much-Neede-Rest-Color-for-w.jpg

Like the color version better of the sleeping man. Great shots by the way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back