3 Random Shots, Critique Welcome!

sarakphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am pretty new to photography, just wanted to hear some general critique or ideas on a few random shots I've taken recently .. Thanks in advance!

1. One of my dogs (in the blue harness), playing at the dog par
k $1.jpg
2. Quick shot I took on my way to work one morning
$2.jpg
3. I feel like there's something cool that can be done here, but I can't figure it out .. but I like it how it is anyway, the dock makes me laugh$3.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

As for the shots. The most visually interesting is the first, with the movement of the water spray and what not, however it bothers me that you are taking pictures of a dog fight... Otherwise these not particularly interesting.

The dog "play" in #1 has some distracting background elements, and needs fill light.
Not much to say about #2.
#3: There might be a picture here, and I agree that the dock out of water is probably the main element, although if you can't frame up a shot showing the low water situation, then maybe you just get the dock and benches as a composition. Get closer, get down low, and see what happens.

Welcome to the forum.

As for the shots. The most visually interesting is the first, with the movement of the water spray and what not, however it bothers me that you are taking pictures of a dog fight... Otherwise these not particularly interesting.

Thank you for the welcome, and the feedback Photographiend. I can assure you that it was not a dog fight, they're just playing. My dog may be part pit bull but he's all lover, no fighter! Thanks to everyone else for the feedback as well!

Love the dock but maybe try a tighter frame and i would put a kid with a fishing pole on it looking longing at the lake be kinda funny dog is the bet of the set I try to get my dogs at play but have not yet got it dogs be fast

I can assure you that it was not a dog fight, they're just playing. My dog may be part pit bull but he's all lover, no fighter! Thanks to everyone else for the feedback as well!

I took some shots of my sister's dogs playing last fall. I was amazed by some of the photos - I would have bet money they were vicious, fighting dogs.

Most reactions

Back