300D - 350D - 400D

mystar-sky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What are the differences between them? Besides the obvious of them being different models and being the Digital Rebel - XT - XTi.

What are the pros & cons of each? I might possibly be getting a 300D soon (trying to save up what little money I have while forking out what I have to for bills instead of splurging and buying the XTi) but I'm just curious about the differences (big & small) to each one.

Anybody know??

I don't know the specific differences in them without looking but I do know that people say the original digital rebel isn't that great compared to the XT and XTi but the XT and XTi are so close that in my opinion, it is better to buy the XT and then save the extra money you saved for a new lens. Good luck with your decision.

Don't let them lie to you.
Choose XTi and you don't make mistake. The price is just little higher but it has much more pixels, sensor cleaning options and sensor switch LCD screen for longer battery life. It worth every cent.

Don't let them lie to you.
Choose XTi and you don't make mistake. The price is just little higher but it has much more pixels, sensor cleaning options and sensor switch LCD screen for longer battery life. It worth every cent.

but what if i don't have the money for it? that's what i'm fighting with. i have the money for a 300D, since I'm getting it used, but there is no way I could afford a 350D or 400D. I'd like to have the 400D, but it's going to be at least a year before I could get it. Plus, after I sell my camera, it'll cover half of what I'm spending on the 300D. So out of pocket, I'm not spending that much.

And since I know that the 300D is the original model, I was just wondering how much has changed on it compared to the 400D. It's not a matter of which to get.

All right! You will by what you can. I meant that you didn't made a choice.
Especially if you didn't plan to make pictures bigger then A3 printing format, you'll be satisfied with EOS 300D, or 350D.
I really don't understand what you mean with further statement:
" ... since I know that the 300D is the original model ..."
I have no doubt that the EOS 400D (Rebel XTi) isn't a copy. It's originally as much as a 300D. Neither much, neither less.
Talking about much expensive lenses, I noticed that there is a very sharp, bright and useful lens for only 70 US$: Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II .
Try to avoid the kit lens.

All right! You will by what you can. I meant that you didn't made a choice.
Especially if you didn't plan to make pictures bigger then A3 printing format, you'll be satisfied with EOS 300D, or 350D.
I really don't understand what you mean with further statement:
" ... since I know that the 300D is the original model ..."
I have no doubt that the EOS 400D (Rebel XTi) isn't a copy. It's originally as much as a 300D. Neither much, neither less.
Talking about much expensive lenses, I noticed that there is a very sharp, bright and useful lens for only 70 US$: Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II .
Try to avoid the kit lens.

original as in the 350D & 400D are newer models of the digital rebel. kwim? I'm just not sure what features have changed on it or added when they made the newer models. (besides the mp)
And the lens you mentioned, I already have plans to buy it. :)

What do you mean A3 printing format? I'm clueless with the printing. I dont go bigger than 4 x 6. lol

Well, KaraM put a very useful link to answer your question. Three system cleaning sensor at XTi wasn't mention on that review.
A3 printing format = 297 x 420 mm = 11.7" x 16.53"
4" x 6" You must be kidding? Don't waste your money to dSLR. By a Canon A class (like A550) and enjoy the perfect photo 4 x 6 for a less then 200 US$. I have Canon A85 for a second camera, and I'm pretty satisfied for that format of photo. And it's much practical to manage.

I guess i should have reworded what I put. i've NEVER gone bigger than a 4x6. As I'm improving in my photography, I'll come across a picture that I want to get printed. And a DSLR isn't just about perfect printing size for me. If I do photo shoots for people and they have a picture they want to print large, then they can. Just because I'm not doesn't mean I'm wasting my money on a DSLR.

It's also the technical aspects of a DSLR that I want. I have a sony cybershot right now, and I keep it on the manual modes. I enjoy having the ability to change the shutter speed and the aperature and trying to achieve the perfect picture. It's everything that the DSLR can offer, is why I'm upgrading. Not for printing reasons.

Well, I have to give up! :confused:
All that features you can get even with A85. Just try to investigate technical data of different camera point&shoot models. You earn the money, so it depends to yourself.
Over and out!

Trust me, i have a wonderful point&shoot camera. It's marvelous. I've gotten great photos. But it can't do what DSLR's can. It doesn't have the same sensor size, I can't attach the different lenses, and it can't give me the same professional results that a DSLR can. There are many things that I want to be able to do that I can with a DSLR that I can't with a point&shoot. I never even asked about the A85. I asked the differences in the Canon DSLR models 300D, 350D, and 400D.

I don't know how on earth this thread ended up with saying that i needed to investigate the technical data of p&s cameras when I didn't even say anything about p&s cameras in the OP.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back