300mm Lens for Nikon D3300

CryptBala

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Guys,

I am very new to this field and i would like to make a wise choice to select/upgrade my kit lens. Right now I have a 18-55 lens with my Nikon D3300. I would like to capture landscape mostly and distant persons/moving objects. From my search i understand that telephoto lens are very good option but its way to expensive. My budget is pretty tight and what i came across is 300 mm lens from the following link. Please suggest me a lens which can cover long distance object and as well as as architectures. I do understand that wide angle lens is a excellent choice again its a expensive option for me right now. I have given few links below please suggest which one is best and also if you have any other suggestion please let me know. Also enlighten me whether to buy a plain lens or with macro feature.

Nikon AF 70 300mm F 4 0 5 6 G Lens | eBay

Nikon AF 70 300mm F4 5 6G ZM Nikkor Lens W HB 26 Black F100 N80 N65 N60 | eBay

Sigma 70 300mm F4 5 6DG Macro Lens FOR Nikon Canon Sony | eBay

Tamron AF 70 300mm F 4 5 6 DI LD Zoom Lens FOR Nikon DSLR D3100 D3200D5100 D5200 | eBay

Tamron AF 70 300 MM F 4 5 6 DI LD Macro Lens FOR Nikon OR Canon Digital SLR | eBay

Tamron AF 70 300mm F 4 5 6 DI LD Zoom Lens FOR Nikon DSLR D3100 D3200D5100 D5200 | eBay

Awaiting your suggestion and experience with these lenses.

So your budget is about 10000 INR right? I'd say save another 6-7K and look for a used Nikkor 70-300 VR or a Tamron 70-300 VC used, both are excellent.

Between these three, I wouldn't get any. I'd rather take a couple of months and save the money. You'll not regret it!

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply Raj. Appreciate your input. :wink:

Thanks for your reply Raj. Appreciate your input. :wink:
You're most welcome, and I mistyped in my previous post (fixed now), I meant save another 6-7K and look for used VR/VC lens.. Post some pics when you've your gears sorted out.. :)

Nikon 70-300 VR all the way. Look for a refurbished or used model with keh.com or adorama.com
cameta.com also

+1 on the 70-300 VR.

So good I bought it twice.

Another vote for the Nikon 70-300 VR.

I use the Nikon 70-300VR and it is superb.

Good suggestions. I thought you wanted the 300mm prime lens from your topic :wink:.

I'm pretty sure this is spam post
I'd bet he's getting a financial reward for clicks on those links
I hope I'm wrong, and if so I apologise but ...
I don't think we will be seeing the OP in this thread

I bet he's not, I'm well aware of the referral schemes and these links are not one of them. It's more likely that the OP just wanted someone to pick one among these, and when nobody did he went out there and just got one anyway. I don't think we will be seeing him too, but he's not earning anything from these links..

I bet he's not, I'm well aware of the referral schemes and these links are not one of them. It's more likely that the OP just wanted someone to pick one among these, and when nobody did he went out there and just got one anyway. I don't think we will be seeing him too, but he's not earning anything from these links..

I wonder how I can "collect"?
The language used is VERY similar to about 10 spam posts I've come across in the last few weeks.
I may be wrong - he may have been totally satisfied with your response. If so, good luck to him.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back