÷

you seem to have a wall partially obstructing an otherwise perfectly good photograph of a bridge. :mrgreen:
seriously though.. I like the shot. although....i cant decide whether or not the graffiti improves or detracts from it.
Troy P.
Jock
gotta love it.

This is straightforward near/far, but you've got a problem in that neither the near nor the far is very interesting.

Is this about the graffiti on the wall, or is that simply incidental/accidental? Am I supposed to be interested in the wall? The bridge? Is the reflection of the wall in the water the point, here?

The wall has a little visual drama in the shadowed left edge, but that's not much to go on.

I see a lot of things here which might make a subject, but nothing is really drawing the eye. There's no clear visual center, there aren't any lines leading the eye to anywhere. So, my eye just wanders around, essentially lost, and I wonder why I am looking at this thing. I think there's a bunch of crops of this that could strengthen the draw of one element or another and give the photo something to be about. Light at almost any other time of day, and almost any sort of weather, would also give us more to thing about.

The z pattern brings my attention to the bridge meeting the wall and i like that as a focal point. The graffiti is there. Though it adds little, it has a good purpose in making the photography and setting more realistic. a little bright for my taste. Would darkening bring out more texture in the bricks, add contrast?

For me it's more about sectioning than subject. The lack of leading lines is quite intentional as I wanted the lines to divide the image in both halves and thirds and still achieve a balance between what is there and what is merely a reflection.

Sorry but it looks very awkward to my eye.

No need to be sorry at all. I knew before I took the shot it wouldn't be my most popular.

I like the idea; yet i feel a wider perspective with 1/4th of wall and three fourth of bridge& bank, would have given a stronger impulse :scratch:
Regards :D

Most reactions

Back