30th wedding anniversary shoot

KaVla

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello! These photos are from a 30th wedding anniversary shoot. I'd love to hear your critiques. THANK YOU!!!

PS There is a sun spot on the "bride's" hand in the first picture, is it possible to get rid of it?

6317482828_b9ed2f57d7.jpg

6316961439_78a35569b3.jpg

6317485436_5412ccdfc3.jpg

6317488316_5999a8d304.jpg

6317490634_1474b6067d.jpg

6317493670_662c1e6b51.jpg

Last edited:
In my opinion, the bride looks like she'd wanna be anywhere but in front of your camera. I love the third shot, but seeing the other photos I'm wondering if the awkwardness in it was intended/posed or natural.
Overall I just sense some stiffness in all the photos and it makes me feel awkward as I get that not-wanting-to-be-there-vibe from your subjects.
Where are the smiles? Isn't 30 years together usually a celebration? They look like they're thinking "Oh well, here we are, STILL. We'll see how much longer we can stand each other."

Please number your photos, it makes it much easier to talk about them.

#1 Considering the chaos of her get up I would have picked another kind of background, one much less chaotic so that the image is easier to read.

#3 My favorite but the hat is blown.

This doesn't seem to be your run of the mill/typical couple celebrating a run of the mill anniversary so the lack of smiles doesn't bother me.

I have to agree, she looks miserable, they come across disconnected. Not feeling the love or romance in this shoot. However, I do like the shot of their hands with the brick wall background ...

Neither one of them look like they want to be there. The props take away from them even more. Keep working on your composition and framing.

In these shots, both parties look uncomfortable. It looks like the props are out of place--trying to make them look like a young couple with extras doesn't seem to help the situation. You should have embraced the fact that they've been married for so long and have gotten more intimate shots that showcased this.

They are just that type of a couple. They're not a hugging-kissing couple and I like that I captured them the way they really are. They loved themselves in the pictures, and to me it's very important not to have uncomfortable smiles/poses. She really was miserable - she was freezing! :)

In my opinion, the bride looks like she'd wanna be anywhere but in front of your camera. I love the third shot, but seeing the other photos I'm wondering if the awkwardness in it was intended/posed or natural.
Overall I just sense some stiffness in all the photos and it makes me feel awkward as I get that not-wanting-to-be-there-vibe from your subjects.
Where are the smiles? Isn't 30 years together usually a celebration? They look like they're thinking "Oh well, here we are, STILL. We'll see how much longer we can stand each other."

The "groom" was totally dragged into this against his will. It was all for the "bride". There were pictures of them smiling but it was the weird/stiff smiles. They are a hoot, and every time he'd play a prank she'd crack up laughing and I did an awful job because I really didn't capture any of these. It was too sunny and most of those shots are blown :( Thanks for your C&C.

I have to agree, she looks miserable, they come across disconnected. Not feeling the love or romance in this shoot. However, I do like the shot of their hands with the brick wall background ...

They're not a lovey-dovey couple. They're exactly how they are in the pictures.

Neither one of them look like they want to be there. The props take away from them even more. Keep working on your composition and framing.

The composition was so HARD to work on. It was sunny EVERYWHERE. Which props?

In these shots, both parties look uncomfortable. It looks like the props are out of place--trying to make them look like a young couple with extras doesn't seem to help the situation. You should have embraced the fact that they've been married for so long and have gotten more intimate shots that showcased this.

There were no intimate shots. No kisses, no hugs. No displays of public affection. He's a very reserved person. Which props?

There were no intimate shots. No kisses, no hugs. No displays of public affection. He's a very reserved person. Which props?

The feather hat and even the chair shot weren't working for me. I also would have made better use of the rose in the chair shot, rather than letting it lay limp. Understandable that some people may not care for the intimate shots--but that's what you expect from an anniversary shoot (warmth, affection, etc.) Maybe that's just the relationship of these two--they might just not be openly affectionate.

The feather hat and earrings don't "flow" with what she is wearing, and the chair picture is awkward.

The feather hat and earrings don't "flow" with what she is wearing, and the chair picture is awkward.

Oh, I see what you mean. The chair was the only prop that I used. She chose the outfit with the hat and earrings so I didn't even think to ask her to take it off. I didn't want to insult her style. :) THANK YOU for your C&C!!!

Last edited:

The feather hat and even the chair shot weren't working for me. I also would have made better use of the rose in the chair shot, rather than letting it lay limp. Understandable that some people may not care for the intimate shots--but that's what you expect from an anniversary shoot (warmth, affection, etc.) Maybe that's just the relationship of these two--they might just not be openly affectionate.

They're not openly affectionate at ALL. The hat was a part of her look and the thought of taking it off didn't even cross my mind. (although it was getting blown most of the time) THANK YOU for your C&C!!!

Most reactions

Back