3200 speed film

tr0gd0o0r

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for my post or not, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any online stores that have good prices on film. Specifically I'm looking for some colo iso 3200 but I don't wanna pay like 8 bucks per roll for the film around here. Discount for lot of rolls are good, I'm planning on using a lot.

Ditto - give B&H a try! I've bought tons of different films there, from HIE to Polaroid to a variety of slide film, and it's always been a smooth transaction from start to finish. They have it going ON there. Good luck!

yeah that was one of the first places I went. I did find some b&w but i can't find 3200 color film anywhere. anyone know if it even exists?

Konica used to make SR-G 3200. It is the only ISO 3200 color film I've ever seen, but I'm mostly into BW. I have some stashed in my freezer. It looks absolutely horrendous when actually shot at 3200. But if you shoot it at ISO 800 it has a lovely grain and super saturated colors.

In my opinion, and I'm sure there are folks who've had better results than me, there is really no such thing as a film faster than 800 no matter what the label says. I've used SR-G 3200, Tmax 3200, and Fuji 1600, and all of them seem to me to be ISO 800 films. When you shoot them faster than that then negs look thin, and the quality begins to deteriorate rapidly, even with compensation in development. Maybe someone can clue me in on the trick. Possibly some developers would be better than others for the BW, but I don't know what you could do about C41 or E6 process.

When I need to shoot color film in low light I usually stick with a fast fixed focal length lens (I can't afford a fast zoom), and shoot Fuji NHG 800. I try to stay at 800, but I've pushed it one stop to ISO 1600, and had okay results.

What are you trying to shoot?

I was just about to mention the Konica film. It used to be used quite a bit for astrophotography, and it seems like the only places that mention it now are astrophotography sites! There are a couple of "ISO 1600" colour print films still available from Konica and Fuji, I believe.

I'm trying to do a photo documentary on our college radio station. I'm using 800 at the moment, and getting an shutter speed of around 1/60th at f 4.5., and that's pretty underexposed. I just need some faster shutter speed to reduce camera shake and for the possibility of moving subjects. The radio station is very poorly lit.

I just dont particularly like flashes. Also when I started doing this I was thinking my sync was 1/60 which i'm getting anyway. But I've realized its really 1/100 so i might give that a shot

Most reactions

Back