Your thread titles are always captivating.

Your thread titles are always captivating.

my photos more so. I walk around and take photos of trashcans in other peoples yards and buildings

I like #5. Very nicely seen.
Thanks. I was just walking along and looked down and saw it sticking out of the ice. Not much too it pretty uneventful for some reason people like that kind of **** so I snapped it. My wife likes that one too. Got me why..

I didn't even use a dslr for these. #4 is my favorite, because I think I "almost" pulled it off and I've been looking for those opportunities.. Finding natural foreground frames. The rest of these were pretty easy. That one took a little thought. For what was there it worked for what it could. im trying to spot foreground framing now been looking for it but it is hard to find.

I like the idea of framing with the branches in #4 but it borders on maybe too many branches. In the first three I'd think about the framing, I think there are too many parts of things in the pictures (part of a tree trunk cut off etc.), and the one of the boy on the swing would be fun but the head's too much out of the frame and makes him look cut off, but I like the footprints in the snow.

Try thinking about what you see in your viewfinder before pressing the shutter button, whether or not everything in the frame is what you want in your picture. I agree #5 is the best one, it seems to show what you want the viewer to see. These work nicely in B&W.

edit - The thread titles make me think you're trying out Morse code! lol

I like the idea of framing with the branches in #4 but it borders on maybe too many branches. In the first three I'd think about the framing, I think there are too many parts of things in the pictures (part of a tree trunk cut off etc.), and the one of the boy on the swing would be fun but the head's too much out of the frame and makes him look cut off, but I like the footprints in the snow.

Try thinking about what you see in your viewfinder before pressing the shutter button, whether or not everything in the frame is what you want in your picture. I agree #5 is the best one, it seems to show what you want the viewer to see. These work nicely in B&W.

edit - The thread titles make me think you're trying out Morse code! lol

thanks for the comment. honestly I really don't care for the titles much. or thinking of titles. I like taking the photos. about it.

The background on 2 is what im really thinking about. My old boats. Almost time to get them going. one on the right is going to the lake, one on the left to the harbor. Unfortunately they are covered in tarps, because the snow and ice here has killed the boat covers from the weight. The one on the left is a 1969. No cup holders or luxuries and inside is beat. For some reason I cant just bring myself to get rid of it had it for years. it was my first ever boat. still goes in the water. I need to buy new spot lights for it though. bigger lights. I run at night quite a bit.
View attachment 69977

I keep it short myself if I have to title a photo. Of course a dot doesn't tell others what a thread's about, but it does seem often to work better to keep something simple.

Most reactions

Back