What's new

38-40-42

sashbar

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Dec 13, 2012
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
1,183
Location
Behind the Irony Curtain
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$38_40_42_gs_web.webp
 
Nice composition and use of color. Did you take any more to the left and further down? The distorted numbers under the water line look interesting.
 
Nice composition and use of color. Did you take any more to the left and further down? The distorted numbers under the water line look interesting.

There were no more numbers.
Funny thing about this pic - I have trimmed it a bit so that one of the cables would go into the corner and the composition would look balanced.
Then I measured the proportions with a ruler. Believe it or not, it was exactly 1,61 ;)
 
It is a really nice composition, but I suggest you crop the top a bit more so that the upper cable hits the corner exactly.

EDIT: Did you change the image or have I lost my mind?

In a shameless attempt to redeem myself, I had a quick play with your image. I compressed the tones of everything that wasn't boat, which gave the water more depth and made the metal look more metallic, in my opinion, anyway.

$Boat and Cables.webp
 
Last edited:
It is a really nice composition, but I suggest you crop the top a bit more so that the upper cable hits the corner exactly.

EDIT: Did you change the image or have I lost my mind?

In a shameless attempt to redeem myself, I had a quick play with your image. I compressed the tones of everything that wasn't boat, which gave the water more depth and made the metal look more like metal, in my opinion, anyway.

View attachment 54196


Thank you, yes, as I wrote above, I had exactly same idea and have already trimmed it. I also tried to play with the tones as well, but found a more relaxed palette preferable. At least to my taste.
 
Actually, I don't like lines leading to a corner. I always think people will be distracted by noticing this - "hey, look, that line goes right to the corner." Taking a little off the top seems to help a bit, but I wouldn't position the cable right in the corner.
 
Nice, clean picture, something for the wall. I agree with Ken regarding that crop from the top.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom