Emmaus
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Jul 4, 2026
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- NY
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Hi All,
I just picked up the Sigma 18-50 f2.8 rf for my R7, and I like it quite a lot. It's perfect to carry around on hikes. Sharp enough to take good photos, and very light and compact. I compared it with my EF mount Sigma 18-35 f1.8 art, and it stacked up pretty well, considering the size.. Have any of you compared the 18-50 to the 17-40 f1.8 art? What were your impressions? In your opinion would it be worth owning both? (I would keep the 18-50 regardless because of the compact size for longer hikes)
Thanks in advance,
Dale
I just picked up the Sigma 18-50 f2.8 rf for my R7, and I like it quite a lot. It's perfect to carry around on hikes. Sharp enough to take good photos, and very light and compact. I compared it with my EF mount Sigma 18-35 f1.8 art, and it stacked up pretty well, considering the size.. Have any of you compared the 18-50 to the 17-40 f1.8 art? What were your impressions? In your opinion would it be worth owning both? (I would keep the 18-50 regardless because of the compact size for longer hikes)
Thanks in advance,
Dale