3rd Post for C&C

anglingag

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The family and I paid a visit to the in-laws for the final weekend of duck season. Out of all the shots, here is the one I prefer the most. What do y'all think; some c&c please.

3233206824_70f9bd98e1_b.jpg

I would say underexposed and a bit soft, I would love to see the eyes

In addition... If you can, try to get catch lights in eyes (little dots of light reflected). It helps a lot. A bit of diffused flash can give you this... or obviously the sun or a candle or something.

in addition I would add that the dog should be at the other end of the photo looking into the middle not in the middle looking out of the photo. the way you have it everything behind the dog is wasted space, and I have a tendency to wonder what's the dog looking at. even if you don't show what has his attention it is more satisfying for the viewer if the subject is looking into the photo. a good rule is to use every bit of the photo you can. same applies with people everyone should be at one end or other looking into the photo unless they are looking at the camera. always always the action of a shot needs to keep going into the photo not going out of it.:wink:

Most reactions

Back