4 for c&c

TylerF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
took a walk/drive with a friend and got a few. c&c welcome

20hrldx.jpg

mom wanted shots to hang in the town hall. this might be one.
qx0v3c.jpg

i1xpfq.jpg

deff goin back when the weather clears up or gets sunny
vq38n9.jpg

I think the last one is the only one really worth a mention.
The focus seems a little bit off in #3.
Number 1 is a bit boring, the expression is bland, and the guy looks like hes thinking "oh my goodness, do you have to take another photo of me. Take me home and make me some soup"
#2 looks like a community center or something, that is just a plain building. The composition of the shot also throws me a little bit. Not really sure what to look at.

Anyway number 4 is great, really like it!

Didn't even notice it haha. Thank you.

The "portrait" of my friend was just me messing around I guess. The second one is more for my mom. She is the town clerk here and wants photos for the town hall. It pretty much is a community center haha. And there were ugly signs everywhere so the composition was limited. I might go back and retry some more. But I took almost every angle I could.

Thanks though

I find 2 to be kind of boring. It is dead center in the frame and doesn't really do much for me. It just seems like a shot of a building but no real feeling or emotion with it.

In 3 it just seems like the main subject easily gets lost with the background. Actually took me a second to find the subject when I first saw it. It's hard to get something like that to "pop" when the background looks just like it.

4 is my favorite out of the bunch. B&W works good with this and gives off a certain mood. With the old building and everything around it dead. Nice job.

TJ

Yeah, I don't really know how to make the building look not boring haha. Its a boring building I hate winter so much haha. 3 isn't my style. Just thought I would post it. But 1 out of 4, can't complain :)

1 of 4 is good. I took about 400 photos over the weekend and kept and liked about 50ish. I can't exactly remember.
TJ

4 is definitely the best. as far at the first one - I absolutely hate red skin tone lol I would probably colour correct that

This has the potential to be a great picture, with a few adjustments. It's certainly your best one, I love how it's slanting to one side.

In terms of edits, its underexposed and could benefit from some adjustments in curves and burning/dodging in photoshop (if you have the program available to you). Also, when converting to black and white, most programs have an option that gives you more control then a simple conversion. If you have photoshop you can easily look it up or I can go through it.

Next time, if you shoot the building again, try getting a bit closer to the house and put some different perspective into the picture, maybe by shooting close to the ground or from an angle instead of straight on.

thank you for the tips. I do have photoshop, but my computer only stays on for a few minutes at a time lol. i may have darkened it a bit too much in pp.
Again, thanks for the input.

I wanted to get closer, but there was people on the roof next door and I didn't want to intrude. I plan on going back though.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back