$400 burnin a hole in my pocket.

domromer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just sold a computer and now I want to spend the money on some new camera gear. I got a few ideas. Thought I'd get some feedback.

Tripod: Just sold my old POS slik tripod. It was too small and the head eventually broke. I'm looking for something light weight and simple. I'd take it backpacking so I don't want a big heavy one. I'd like it to be able to get to at least 5.5ft tall. Any ideas?

Main Zoom: Right now I've got the 18-135 nikon kit lens. It's slow to focus and just a slow lens in general. Any ideas for a better quality faster lens? Doesn't need to zoom as far but I'd like to keep the wide angle.

Macro: I've been eye ballin the sigma 105 macro. Is there another one comparable I should be checking out? You thoughts about this lens in general?

Thanks for the feedback.

i don't know if you would want to do this but maybe to save some money and have some extra for whatever you could look at extension tubes instead of a macro lens. i was looking at a macro lens too and instead of 500 i got an extension tube for 100 and i'm pleased with it.

for th zoom I would rather go with the 18-105 just befcause the F/ is 3.5-4.5; I believe with the 18-135 F/ is 2.5-5.6; good lens though.
if you are going to buy a lens that is just digital only (no 35mm whatsoever) I would try a DX 18-70 lens, that would give you a fairly good f stop and not that not a large focal point. you will be spending more money in the long run however in my opinion it is better to get a vareity of lenses rather than one-to-do-it-all...

Macro - that's a tough one, depends really on what you decide to do with it. keep a low f/stop, generally good lenses.

Titi-pods a tri-pod in my opinion, just kidna depends if you want to have a heavything that you decide to carry around.

for th zoom I would rather go with the 18-105 just befcause the F/ is 3.5-4.5; I believe with the 18-135 F/ is 2.5-5.6; good lens though.
if you are going to buy a lens that is just digital only (no 35mm whatsoever) I would try a DX 18-70 lens, that would give you a fairly good f stop and not that not a large focal point. you will be spending more money in the long run however in my opinion it is better to get a vareity of lenses rather than one-to-do-it-all...

Macro - that's a tough one, depends really on what you decide to do with it. keep a low f/stop, generally good lenses.

Titi-pods a tri-pod in my opinion, just kidna depends if you want to have a heavything that you decide to carry around.

It's dun been spent..Macro is on the way..along with 2 more gigs or ram.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back