400D Flash Issue

mad_malteaser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have recently bought a 400D and am discovering that the onboard flash is turning into a bit of a hindrance. It pops up automatically if it feels that there's not enough light regardless of the settings I choose to take my photo. I have combed the book that came with the camera to see if there is a function to turn this off and the only thing it points out is a bit at the top where you can shoot without the flash but it doesn't let you then select Av mode or whatever. Am I doing something completely wrong here or is there no way around the problem?

in the auto modes the camera will pop up.

Go to the creative zone. Turn the top dial to Av, change the aperture and watch for an acceptable shutter speed. Take the shot.

Or turn the top dial to Tv, change the shutter speed and watch for an acceptable aperture value. Take the shot.

Or turn the top dial to P. This will work almost exactly like Auto. Take the shot.

If you need the flash on, press the button on the front of the camera and the flash will pop up. It will meter automatically but using Av mode the camera will meter for the background so you may get a slower shutter speed than you need.

That's right. I'd recommend staying away from the green box or any of the pictures on the mode dial. Keep it to M, P, Av or Tv.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back