430EZ, still quite handy on a Digital!

RyanLilly

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I picked up a 430ez, as many canon shooters know only the EX series supports E-TTL, the EZ works with older film cameras with A-TTL, you can however use the flash manually with a digital SLR. I figured I could use it in a strobist setup and occasionally manually on camera until I can afford a new flash. But onen added bonus that I did not think of is that the AF assist beam still functions perfectly with my 20D, so in low light situation I can still shoot using no flash but utilize the AF assist beam and have a huge benefit in focusing accurately and quickly in low light! In some cases I could not AF at all, now it's faster than ever. Just thought other people might find it useful as well.

When i bought my sb-28dx i thought it would work with i-ttl with my d40x. Turns out only the non-DX version does. Well it was all good since i usally use it off camera anyways. Its a great flash and can be had for under 100 dollars for both versions. I was happy to find out that with my new DH1 (which will be her tommorow) the sb-28dx WILL work. So thats a good thing. But now im looking to buy some more flashes just to be used manually off camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back