4x5 format shooting chrome

ultrajeeps

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello wonderful people,

I was wondering if I can get 4x5 prints on 35mm. I have been asked to deliver 4x5 shoot and on chrome (slides). I would highly appreciate any help.

Thanks.

I don't quite understand what you mean.
If it's 'can you print on to 4x5 inch paper from a 35mm neg' then the answer is yes (although the format is slightly different - so you have to crop. 35mm is approx 35x24. That means the neg has a ratio of 1:1.5 whilst the print is 1:1.25 approx)
Kodak does Ektachrome and Kodachrome in 35mm. Ektachrome was always the pro choice.
Does this help?
Or are you asking about shooting on 5x4 neg/tranny?

Thank you so much for your input. I am a bit hesitant to do 35mm to 4x5 prints. Cropping can be done but can be time consuming which means more money. What do think of Yashica MAT-124 cam G camera? It is much cheaper than such as Mamiya RZ or RB. Can it deliver the same results as highend medium formats?

Thanks.

Yashica' s tend to have slightly soft lenses at the extreme (or the Yashicamat I owned did) but they are quite nice for portraits.
But the Yashicamat produces a square neg - 6x6cm so if you want to print 4x5....
You either have to crop at the printing stage or (easier) is to crop in the viewfinder - put some card or tape over the viewing screen to give the proportions you want.
The strange problem in photography is that the paper formats don't match the neg formats. You have to decide wether to print full neg on a larger sheet of paper or lose some of the neg by cropping.

Most reactions

Back