5 new pics I took today in the mountains

Idaho21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here a five of the pics I took today near Prairie, Idaho.

100_0402-1.jpg

100_0415-1.jpg

100_0418-1.jpg

100_0419-1.jpg

100_0426-1.jpg

Nope. Just my Kodak P&S.

Idaho? My first question was where you were situated; that terrain looks exactly like Kamloops!

The lighting is very harsh in all of these - maybe you could try shooting when the sun is coming up/going down. The light gets refracted through the atmosphere and is much softer, resulting a much more pleasing image.

Yeah, I took these early morning. I didn't like how the lighting was either.

I live in Mountain Home, Idaho, which is approx. 40 miles east of Boise. I took these pics along the South Fork of the Boise River, and in Prairie, Idaho, both are about 40 miles north of Mountain Home.

This area is where the nice green, tree filled mountains turn into high desert, which is what I live in.

It was about 9am, but the sun had only been up for 30-40 minutes or so.

Hmmmm, that's interesting. The moon in the last photo suggest that the sun had JUST risen, but the rays of light in 1 suggest that the sun was already high in the sky.

i like #5, but i wish it was centered, and i wish you got some shots of the inside of that building.. it looks like a sweet spot for some awesome black and whites

The waxing first quarter moon rises (ideally) at noon and sets at midnight, assuming the sun rises at 6 AM and sets at 6 PM; it really cannot rise more than about an hour or so later or earlier than 6 hrs after the sun based upon the geometry of the Earth-Moon-Sun system.

Given the details stated (9AM but the sun had only been up for 30-40 minutes), what I stated, as well as the size of the moon in that image, I gotta say that I think you have done a composite.

The moon in the last photo suggest that the sun had JUST risen, but the rays of light in 1 suggest that the sun was already high in the sky.
The first photo was actually the first one of the day, and the one with the moon was taken at approx. 2 pm.

Pic #5, with the moon in it, is exactly as I took it. I cropped off some of the excess, but nothing else was edited at all.

This is the original-
100_0426-2-1.jpg

Last edited:
I think the second one is good but it's begging for some PP. I would increase saturation and contrast for starters. Looks like you've got some amazing scenery to play with in Idaho.

I like number 4, but I wish it wasn't centered maybe you could crop it using the rules of third. Also try maybe changing the color to sepia or b/w.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back