What's new

5 Pics for C+C (Zanzibar Trip)

gsm275

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 24, 2010
Messages
108
Reaction score
4
Location
Vancouver, BC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking for some feedback on photos taken during a recent Zanzibar trip. Been busy working on my photography since last October. Detailed constructive feedback greatly appreciated!

1
4789755809_de276e83a7.jpg


2
4790319292_d4b8ea152e.jpg


3
4790719594_69994cf663.jpg


4
4790699130_fcce7250db.jpg


5
4790588038_1027b608b8.jpg
 
Wow, nice shots! I think #1 would look nicer if the camera had been aimed a bit lower (put the horizon on the top third) and #2 would look nicer if aimed a bit to the right (put the sun on the left third) but apart from that I really really like them! 3 and 4 in particular are my favorites.
 
Love #3, just wish the focus point was at the beginning of the chain.
 
Not familiar with the term "banding". Can you explain what this refers to?
 
Here is the original version of the Slave Market holding cell chain. I was torn between the two, but decided to go with the more moody version over the brighter/clearer version. Any thoughts?

4790417342_a39a2ac613.jpg
 
Great set of photos. I'm guessing in #3 you turned the clarity slider down a bit to get that dreamy look?
 
I usually start off with Adobe Lightroom to get the levels right and then use Photoshop for any pics i want to get a bit more creative with (like #2, #3 and #4).
 
I like 4 and 5 the best but would have liked to see 4 with a little less shadow on the actual shackle. I like the effect, just not the shadow on the right side..its a little too much.
 
Too bad the images are so small... I think #5 would look great re-cropped...

I also adjusted the White Balance a bit...

4790588038_1027b608b8.jpg
 
Not familiar with the term "banding". Can you explain what this refers to?

Think he used the wrong term there.. probably referring to the flare on the posterization in # 2.

I also second the crop on # 5.
 
i see what you're saying on the crop. good suggestion!
 
I like them all and I love how you captured the light shining through the clouds in the last one really beautiful
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom