5' vs 9' seamless

lisa_13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, just a quick question about seamless

I've mostly worked with 9 foot seamless photographing adults both full length and headshots.

I am photographing preschool and kindergarten aged kids (3-5) and I want to try something new and different from the standard school photo. So, I wanted to do full lengths (and class headshots) on seamless.

I am working at a small school, with access to a large gym area so I could set up 9 foot seamless if necessary. However, if I can I would rather shoot on 5 ft paper. Do you think that is doable, especially if the kids move around a bit?

Thanks.

If it's only head shots and/or standing children, it might work well enough...but I would still prefer a wider backdrop. No matter what I'm shooting with a backdrop, I'm usually wishing it was wider.

HALF-width rolls are typically a PITA, in my experience. I REALLY prefer wider paper.

The wider the better! 5' will work, as mentioned, but if you can, go for the 9' rolls.

Thanks for all the input! I'm going to do a test shoot with some 5' paper this weekend so we'll see how that goes.

The deal with the 5' seamless is the subject has to be closer to it, than if you use the 9' wide seamless paper.

Don't waste your time with a 5'-er..get a 9' roll.

Most reactions

Back