5 Year Old Photo Shoot - Urban Style - CC

Reyna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My son turns 5 in less than 2 weeks, so we did a little 'urban style' photo shoot for him. I would love some CC on them. We had a TON of fun taking these photos!

6. "Caleb, pose for me!".... and this is what I get.

Last edited:
Awesome shots. Love all of them.

For #5 i would of probably cropped a little higher up his legs. #3 i would of cropped away some of the head space. #2 is my fav

Which lens(es) did you end up using for the shoot? Any type of lighting?

2 and 3 are your strong ones of the bunch. I wouldn't do much else different in 2, great shot imo.

3. Lower your angle more, shooting down on him makes him look smaller (even though we know he's small lol) More straight on, imo, would have suited this shot awesomely.

Love them! Great job :)

Love them. What you are missing are action shots. Tell him to do his own thing.

Great shots.
I am inspired ( i have a 5 year old daughter, so....;) )

very cute! I dislike the sign pole in one of the pics but he steals the show.

These are really well done, i love number #2; the colors seem to match perfectly.

What was your lighting setup like if you don't mind me asking?

They are all good, congratulations to you and your son.
For me #2 is amazing.

I don't like the way his neck looks in #2. Its really straight on one side and makes it look like you photoshop'd something out there. Other then that, I really like them.

The DoF on #2 seems weird, looks like part of his head started going out of focus? I could just be weird.

They're great shots though, and I'm usually not a fan of kid pictures.

Thank you all! I've had this 'urban' style idea for his 5 year pics in my head for awhile and couldn't wait to take these. We live about an hour and a half from downtown Dallas too!

I seem to be getting either good or bad cc from #2! I appreciate both. I def. didn't clone any part of his neck out. lol. I think it may seem odd b/c he told me he didn't want to smile for this picture, he wanted to make a 'cool' face, and this is just how it came out. There is some room for a different crop... maybe that would make a difference.

Which lens(es) did you end up using for the shoot? Any type of lighting?

I just used my 50mm 1.4 lens. Just natural light as the sun was setting.

Most reactions

Back