50 for 36

cbryan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
"Hello, It's me again."

Okay, enough with the obscure Lyle Lovett references...

I wanted to post some pics that I took with the canon f1.8 50mm I just got for my birthday last week. I am loving this lens. Although I must admit that at 1.8 focusing on what's intended without blurring too much of the image can been a challenge. Well, a fun challenge. No post was done save resizing.

Anyhoo... C&C

nifty-1.jpg

nifty-3.jpg

nifty-4.jpg

I also got a 50mm f/1.8 last week and can't put it down. I love the expression on photo #2.

It is a fine lens indeed. I've really enjoyed it indoors as well. That's my neice in pic 2. That's her, "I'm breaking the rules" look. ha!

1. I find this a little confusing to look at: a lot of the subject is out of focus, and there's a lot of dead space that's not adding a lot to the photo.
With 3, I'm not sure what I'm meant to be looking at.
2, however, is a beautiful shot, so well done. It would have been nice if your niece could have taken up more of the space in the shot, but otherwise I really like this one.

Interesting, 3 is not so great, but the other two are good.

2 is underexposed but good job on the DOF

2 is underexposed...

I'm not seeing this. What portion of photo #2 is too dark? I'm asking because I'm a relative beginner and I would've considered that shot perfect in regards to exposure.

I'm not seeing this. What portion of photo #2 is too dark? I'm asking because I'm a relative beginner and I would've considered that shot perfect in regards to exposure.

Maybe his niece is a little dark, but she's not enormously underexposed.

Most reactions

Back