What's new

50mm - 1.8 or 1.4 ????

I'm sure it's been asked before, don't see how it couldn't. But my search didn't really give me results.

I know the 50mm is sort of a "must have" in your lens line-up, so I'm leaning towards it being my first lens purchase.

I guess my question is "justification"

Tell me about the two lenses... is it worth it to fork out the extra for the 1.4?

I used to have 50mm 1.8. Kind of a cheap feel, but rather well made. For the price - great lens. The thing I'd think about - bokeh. 1.8 has only 5 blades. So, you will see pentagons in your bokeh. It's not necessarily bad, just something to consider.
 
Nikon or canon? IMO the nikon 1.8 is nicer then then the canon 1.8, while both companies 1.4's are very nice.
 
If you are going to buy something, buy quality.

1.4
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom