What's new

52mm to 50mm step down ring?

commissionedsk

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 5, 2011
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Location
Sacramento, California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK so today I bought a wide-angle/fisheye adaptor for 3 bucks at a garage sale practically mint condition...I was super excited...until I got home and discovered it wont fit my nikkor 50mm lens...because the ring on the inside of the nikkor is 52mm and the wide angle ring is 50mm so I have determined after about an hour of research that i need a 52 to 50mm step down ring. easy peasy...until I searched around and couldn't find one...so now I am stuck...anyone know where I can get a 52mm to 50mm step down ring?
 
Are you sure the filter isn't 49mm?

50mm filters don't seem to exist ... according to B&H anyway.

There are a few choices for 52 - 49mm...
step down ring


edit
I also look at the filter selection, and there are no 50mm filters...

Either your filter is very strange, or it's not actually 50mm.
 
Last edited:
it might be. the technical size is VII which according to wiki is actually 50.8mm but its too small to be considered a 52mm because I know my 50mm is a 52mm filter size...which doesn't make much sense to me...but whatever. I guess maybe i'll try a 52 to 49 and see what happens...I've got a camera shop just down the road...so maybe I'll head there monday and see if they can't shed some light. thanks for the advice...I guess that was why I was having trouble finding the right size.
 
currently I have it attached to my video camera via some electric tape...its lens is just about 2mm to big. so i'm guessing 52mm so its kinda ghetto and I wouldn't dream of doing that with my precious 50mm lens...lol but for a point and shoot video cam...its alot of fun lol. Hopefully I'll have some luck trying one out at the camera store but if not I'll just order the 52mm to 49mm on B&H thanks so much for your help!
 
so maybe I'll head there monday and see if they can't shed some light.
Bring the filter with you and see if they have anything that fits it.

Do you have anything you can measure it with?

The step down rings are pretty cheap, but I'd still be hesitant to order one that might be the wrong size... When you go to the camera shop, see if they have anything with 49mm threads and check if the filter fits it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom