$550 To Spend

Tumeg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok... Since Christmas is passed, I have $550 to spend on photo equipment, I have a $2.5k wish list, so I can't really decide on what to spend the cash on! I first thought the 430ex flash, omni-bounce diffuser, and BG-E3 battery grip, which would leave me $170 left to save for a lens (Tamron 17-35mm f/2.8-4).
But now I can't decide if I 'REALLY' want\need the battery grip!
I pretty much have my heart set on the flash, so here are my options:

1) Flash (430ex + Diffuser) + BG-E3 = $150 Left Over
2) Flash + Tamron 17-35mm f/2.8-4 = $5-$10 Left Over
3) Flash = $300-$320 left Over
4) Sell my Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6, and buy the Canon 200mm f/4L = $0-$50 Left Over

The possibilities are endless!
I currently have:
Rebel XTi
Kit Lens 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6) *Willing To Sell*
28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 (My dad's)
70-300mm f/4-5.6 *Willing To Sell*
50mm f/1.8

I am not too happy with my 70-300mm, it is VERY slow at focusing (impossible to focus on a flying bird) it is also a very loud focusing lens!
I don't use this too much anymore (I used it a ton during the fires). I only use it for macro, (I don't do major macro, just the basic close to flowers, not like zoom in and see the pollen and a bee's pupil).
My need are:
Flash, simple macro lens, fast focusing telephoto, decent standard zoom (both mine are good, but not exactly pro looking photo good)
I can get $100-$150 for my 70-300mm ($190 when new, off of amazon) so if you suggest I sell that, that is about how much you can guess I will get for it. So if you have me sell it, I will have a $650-$700 budget for something.

There are A LOT of things to buy for photography, but they should be bought in the order according to your current need for advancement.

My advise, which you absolutely do not have to follow, is to save the money until you need it. Otherwise you are you going to spend it here and there and find yourself out of resource when you really need it. Invest your money in some books first, they usually lead you in the right direction.

I knew 'somebody' would tell me that...
But for sure, I 'need' an external flash, well... I don't 'need' anything, everything in life is a want, not a need... but anyway, I will definitely go for an external flash, I hate my on camera flash it is so direct and too powerful, I will love the ability to bounce it off the ceiling, and getting softer lights with the flash.
So yeah, I guess I will just save the extra $300-$320 for when I need it,

Things I would say I 'need' are:

Wired Remote Trigger
ND Grad Filter
430Ex
Sto-Fen Omni-Bounce Diffuser
Polarizer
Step-Up Ring (52mm to 58mm)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back